X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
      There has got to be a way to call that in. I wouldn't let that **** poor treatment slide, it is their job to ensure all visitors to the park enjoy their stay.
      I agree. Most of the feedback I hear about these hunts are very positive. Sounds like Garner has a knucklehead running the show.

Comment

Originally posted by daved270 View Post
        Well me and my son got back from hunting Garner. We had a great time! We stayed in the park in a screened in shelter. It had a picnic table and fire ring at every campsite. (bring firewood if you want a fire) They have a bathroom and shower facility in between all the campsites. It is different from any of the hunts we have been on. The park staff do load you up in trucks and take you to your assigned blind ( which are popup blinds so bring some shooting sticks and a different chair if you want). They have put out corn feeders at every blind this year which is the first time for this. Bring some alfalfa hay to keep the Axis around a little longer because they clean out the feeders quick. This was a Whitetail and Axis hunt but really wanted you just to shoot the Axis because the Whitetail numbers are low.( I'm guessing do to the Axis running them out). We only saw four Whitetail the whole time we were there. My son ended up taking 5 axis on the hunt 4 doe and 1 spike. That being said he could have shot many more if we had freezer space! All in all it was a successful hunt with a lot of memories that me and my son will never forget! If anyone has any questions just ask me and i will try and answer them.
        Thats awesome!! Sounds like you on the boy had a blast, glad to hear!!

Comment

Was this a gun or archery hunt? Might want to put in next year with my daughter.

Comment

Sounds like a good hunt

Comment

Axis Alfalfa

Is there a place in the area to get alfalfa or do you need to bring it along with you?

Comment

Not to sure we brought ours. Should be a place in Leakey to get it.

Comment

Sweet I am going next week super excited

Comment

Originally posted by BVM View Post
                    Is there a place in the area to get alfalfa or do you need to bring it along with you?
                    Can't remember the name but there is a feed store in Leakey that has it. On the south side of town right as you get to town. On west side of road. When we hunted there, the staff recommended the "chaff" hay which has molasses. SAid they axis really like that.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                      Can't remember the name but there is a feed store in Leakey that has it. On the south side of town right as you get to town. On west side of road. When we hunted there, the staff recommended the "chaff" hay which has molasses. SAid they axis really like that.
                      A lot of people had this.

Comment

Sounds like it worked out very well. Congrats to you and your son on the successful harvest.

Comment

Thank you! It was a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by daved270 View Post
                            Well me and my son got back from hunting Garner. We had a great time! We stayed in the park in a screened in shelter. It had a picnic table and fire ring at every campsite. (bring firewood if you want a fire) They have a bathroom and shower facility in between all the campsites. It is different from any of the hunts we have been on. The park staff do load you up in trucks and take you to your assigned blind ( which are popup blinds so bring some shooting sticks and a different chair if you want). They have put out corn feeders at every blind this year which is the first time for this. Bring some alfalfa hay to keep the Axis around a little longer because they clean out the feeders quick. This was a Whitetail and Axis hunt but really wanted you just to shoot the Axis because the Whitetail numbers are low.( I'm guessing do to the Axis running them out). We only saw four Whitetail the whole time we were there. My son ended up taking 5 axis on the hunt 4 doe and 1 spike. That being said he could have shot many more if we had freezer space! All in all it was a successful hunt with a lot of memories that me and my son will never forget! If anyone has any questions just ask me and i will try and answer them.
                            Wow that is awesome! Great to hear

Comment

Do the screened shelters have electricity/water?

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                                Do the screened shelters have electricity/water?

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X