• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get drawn for these hunts?

Comment

Garner State Park Axis Deer Hunting??

Originally posted by .270 View Post
      Which blinds have the most axis?? I will be there for the exotic hunt Jan 8-10!! Save me some!

Last year blind 9 was the honey hole for the hunt I was on.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        How do you get drawn for these hunts?

Go to Tpwd website. Hunting-drawn hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Last year blind 9 was the honey hole for the hunt I was on.
          Thank you sir!

Comment

Gotta get in on one of these hunts!

Comment

Yes, we are rifle hunting. I'll post a report when we get back.

Originally posted by RedBarn View Post
              I assume you are rifle hunting? Let us know how it goes. I'll be there second week of January. Good Luck and enjoy this time with your son!

Comment

Looks like the youth hunt (12/30-1/1) went better than the antlerless/spike hunt (1/1-1/3). The kids (20 hunters) killed 3 hogs, 3 whitetails, and 9 axis. I was on the next hunt. Only 18 hunters, 2 standbys weren't filled because not enough standby hunters showed up, so 2 blinds were empty. All together, 1 hog, 1 fallow doe, 1 wtd doe, 1 axis spike, and 4 or 5 axis does were killed (think it was 5). There is another hunt going on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                  Looks like the youth hunt (12/30-1/1) went better than the antlerless/spike hunt (1/1-1/3). The kids (20 hunters) killed 3 hogs, 3 whitetails, and 9 axis. I was on the next hunt. Only 18 hunters, 2 standbys weren't filled because not enough standby hunters showed up, so 2 blinds were empty. All together, 1 hog, 1 fallow doe, 1 wtd doe, 1 axis spike, and 4 or 5 axis does were killed (think it was 5). There is another hunt going on now.
                  Thanks for the harvest report. I am going Jan 8-10. I hope the deer aren't too spooky after being shot at from the same blinds for a month.

Comment

Too hot for most of our hunt. I didn't see a single deer, whitetail or axis. Don't know most of the specific blind numbers, but 2 axis does were killed from blind 7, he also saw a large buck. The fallow was killed in 12 and there is another still running around. The pig was in blind 4 (all of the pigs on the youth hunt were killed across the river). Four axis does were seen from Blind 19, but none killed. Nothing was seen at blind 16. Another axis doe was killed across the river, but don't know the blind number.

Comment

Too hot for most of our hunt. I didn't see a single deer, whitetail or axis. Don't know most of the specific blind numbers, but 2 axis does were killed from blind 7, he also saw a large buck. The fallow was killed in 12 and there is another still running around. The pig was in blind 4 (all of the pigs on the youth hunt were killed across the river). Four axis does were seen from Blind 19, but none killed. Nothing was seen at blind 16. Another axis doe was killed across the river, but don't know the blind number.
                      My son got one of the axis does. I saw three wt but no shot opportunities.

Comment

Does the park staff drive you to your blind everytime you want to go out or just initially to show you where you are?

Comment

There are 5 trucks that take hunters out; you can't drive yourself to the blind. For the morning, trucks leave at 6 and pick up at 10. For the afternoon, trucks leave at 3 and pick up after dark. You can hunt all day if you like, but but no game retrieval till after dark. Or, you can get picked up at 3, but if you do, you can't go back out (they don't want to keep driving by other peoples blinds during the hunt).

Comment

I hunted blind 12 when I was there. Beautiful spot right by the river. I only saw turkey.

Comment

Looks like the group out there now had some single digit windchills according to weatherbug this morning! Currently is still a windchill of 9!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                                Looks like the group out there now had some single digit windchills according to weatherbug this morning! Currently is still a windchill of 9!
                                Good luck on your hunt! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X