No announcement yet.

Garner State Park Axis Deer Hunting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'm on the second hunt. Will send you a pm to keep in touch for updates. Buddy S

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Be in less than a month on the Exotic draw I won!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
          Be in less than a month on the Exotic draw I won!
          Heading down Sunday for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            Heading down Sunday for mine.
            Very cool, save a few axis for me! Let us know how it's going!

Comment

Any luck?
              How did you do Muzzy100?

Comment

Heading south today, will let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                  Heading south today, will let you know how it turns out.
                  Any updates?? Blinds have feeders or "designated" bait spots?? Type of blinds?

Comment

They had pop ups with feeders 2 or 3 yr ago. You can bait ,they like Chaffhaye .My group got drawn for Jan 10th hunt.
                    Last edited by Codybarron; 12-22-2016, 12:45 AM. Reason: put in actual dates

Comment

Got drawn for Jan 10th-12th hunt also. Anxious to hear what people are seeing.

Comment

Just got back on Friday morning. We only had one doe killed by four guys in 5 compartments. I was not that guy, I ended up missing high when I used the wrong dot on my crossbow.

They had five compartments set up with feeders. #1 is a rocky drive back to pond and an old church campsite. #2 is a thick area by the coordinators house that is pretty thick with hogs and one big buck running around. #3 is by the highway by some hiking trails. No sightings there. #4 is a large field that is probably the best spot, just hard to get back into and expect scratched on your truck. #5 is by the campground is full of doe, but they are skiddish.

I brought a pop up, hang on, and ladder stand. The pop up worked the best, but they will spy you at 60 yards. Over my five days of hunting, I saw about 20 axis and one yote in the stand. It's a fun hunt, but with a bow it's a tough hunt. Good luck and enjoy.

Comment

Thank you for the update sir!

Comment

Heading up there this weekend for an antlerless hunt with my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                              Heading up there this weekend for an antlerless hunt with my son.
                              I assume you are rifle hunting? Let us know how it goes. I'll be there second week of January. Good Luck and enjoy this time with your son!

Comment

Which blinds have the most axis?? I will be there for the exotic hunt Jan 8-10!! Save me some!

Comment

Working...
                                X