What broadheads do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
    I think the Thunderhead Razors are very similiar. I think they discontinued those also but several places still have those.

They are. It has double vented blades, original Trophy Tip and they were able to do away with that dang rubber o ring with that blade locking system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

swhacker 125gr 2.25"

Comment

Originally posted by UTnumber1 View Post
        swhacker 125gr 2.25"

You saw the new all steel 125?

Comment

I posted early on this thread about the thunderheads, and I still like them, but I tried the Grim Reaper Carnifour this past season. LOTS of blood and short trails. I took my best bow buck this season with one. The Grim Reaper is a keeper for me.
          -Unless I am shooting my longbow, then it's Zwickey Eskimo only.
          Last edited by Dry Bones; 02-05-2017, 09:20 PM. Reason: other bow

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
            I posted early on this thread about the thunderheads, and I still like them, but I tried the Grim Reaper Carnifour this past season. LOTS of blood and short trails. I took my best bow buck this season with one. The Grim Reaper is a keeper for me.
            -Unless I am shooting my longbow, then it's Zwickey Eskimo only.

I'll always have some Zwickeys. Jack Zwickey gave me a Swiss Corrugated File in 2003. That's what he sharpens his with.

Comment

I've shot off the last of my ozcuts, ended up losing them on arrows!
              After losing a deer with them I've decided to switch.

Bought some 125gn st magnums keen to see how they perform this year

Comment

Slick trick 100's

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

It'll depend on how the new bow tunes, but hopefully going to go with Slick trick vipers as the primary with swhackers as a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                    It'll depend on how the new bow tunes, but hopefully going to go with Slick trick vipers as the primary with swhackers as a backup.

Oh Padawon.

Comment

I just started killing pigs with the Swat A4. I've killed 2. One I put a little far forward on the pig as he was quartered away slightly...but the head stayed in him and he was having a tough time dealing with that. As he hobbled along through the brush, I was able to put a few rounds in him with the Glock to finish him off.

The other night I shot one quartering to me and he ran 60 yards and piled up.

Pretty gnarly head so far.

Comment

I've shot NAP Thunderheads for years. They kill animals and they're tough!

I muffed a shot shooting broadhead at 30 yards. My broadhead target is 2 shot-out Rhinehart pig inserts on top of each other, which I put a metal hay bale band around to keep together.

The shot was wide/low and cut the metal band in 1/2, and then buried in the milk crate underneath.

I hammered the Thunderhead out, and when I spun tested it- it was still straight. The blades were not bent cutting a steel band.

Don't do this- but I'm putting new blades on and it goes back in the quiver!

Comment

Rage hypodermic for me

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr

Comment

I've had good luck with NAP Killzones and Rage Hypodermics.

The only thing I hate about the Hypos is the shock collar and how easy it is to trip the blades...bump your pants leg and it's opened. Snag it on a tree branch and it's opened.

Maybe I should just stop snagging it on stuff but I never had that issues with Killzones.

I do plan on trying out the ramcats this year. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Comment

Just not the same broadhead thread without Ragin...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X