Bar-B-Que Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar-B-Que Knives

Bar-B-Que Knives I made for me; if anyone has known me for any length of time you know that the Jankowski’s are Bar-B-Que pit masters. This is the first time in my shop since my mini vacation and I thought I’d make me. I made a small cleaver and a slicer. Both are Slack Belt grinded Blades meaning the blades are concaved. It’s the strongest grind known to man. It will outperform other grinds because of the geometry of the blade however each grind has its specific purpose. I designed these blades not only slicing buy also chopping. For you new knife makers I suggest you study knife geometry so you know what I’m talking about; each blade should be ground for its intended purpose.
    Both are 1084, 60 HRC, 1/4 thick. I'll put the handles on tomorrow.

Very nice. What handles you thinking of?

Comment

Pretty! I'll pm you my address so you know where to send my complimentary set.

Comment

Now you're talking, I like! I can't wait for it to cool off so I can get back in the knife shop. I've got some new ideas I'm working on.

Comment

What else would you use on a set of Bar-B-Que knives... Mesquite.

Comment

Nice!!! I need some of these

Comment

nice - I want

Comment

looking good

Comment

$$?

Comment

Nicely done on that set. How heavy would you say that chopper is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                      What else would you use on a set of Bar-B-Que knives... Mesquite.

Comment

Those look awesome.

Comment

I have a hog shoulder on the grill right now the slicer should come in handy.. I sharpened both of the to slice cigarette paper without any burrs. Not sure how heavy the chopper is the steel is just shy of 1/4 I bought it for forging.

Comment

Those turned out really nice. How nice did the dead pig turn out???

Comment

They look great Bob. I thought you were taking some time off!

Comment

Working...
                              X