An ongoing cancer support thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An ongoing cancer support thread?

I don't read here every day... but all too often when I do, there's a new thread requesting prayers for a member or for the member's family or for a member's dear friend.
    The ****ed disease seems to just walk around on cat feet, bloodthirsty and in search of a victim.
    Prayers help, yes sir and yes ma'am - and sometimes our prayers get answered in the form that we want them to be answered... And sometimes they don't. But I don't think for the briefest second that God singles anyone out to be stricken, I don't think God works that way.

You see, I got it and I ain't mad at God or disgruntled with nature's herd control system. I guess I just happened to be at the head of some line... Esophageal / gastric cancer diagnosed July 12, 2018. Undergoing chemo right now - one more treatment, then a PET scan to determine if fourth treatment is necessary before surgery.

Maybe sometimes we feel like talking about it and sometimes maybe we don't. But the times that we do, maybe we just drop in and do it. Perhaps some things that we don't particularly want to discuss with our families on a particular occasion or day. The people that love us and care need a break sometimes.

Just a passing thought...
    Bob Lee
    Last edited by boblee; 09-06-2018, 10:54 AM.

Prayers up for you ... I wish you the best in your battle .

Comment

Cancer sucks.
      I hope for the best outcome for all whom post on this thread.
      It’s touched my life a few times with the people closest to me.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this. Prayers up brother.

Comment

Prayers are great as GOD has the plans for us all. Sis, Aunt, nephew, Dad, wife, great aunt all have had their fight with cancer. Some lost, but many have won and I'm thankful for that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for you also BobLee !!

Comment

Just seeing this I will start Chemo 9/17 was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer 8/23
              was ****** at first (Heck still am kinda) but right now mostly just scared about all the Chemo and the thought of me losing and the effect it will have on my Mom, wife of 25yrs and 2 boys...

Comment

Prayers for you and Eric Pence that you beat this.

Comment

Dang.

Prayers for Bob Lee and Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers up for all persons battling cancer and their families!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                      Just seeing this I will start Chemo 9/17 was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer 8/23
                      was ****** at first (Heck still am kinda) but right now mostly just scared about all the Chemo and the thought of me losing and the effect it will have on my Mom, wife of 25yrs and 2 boys...

Try to not sweat the chemo treatments... I know, I know, easier said than done. But...

I've had 2 treatments, with the 3rd scheduled next Tuesday. Several hours at the cancer center receiving (surgeon did a port in my chest) what all I'm not sure types of chemo. Then home with a pump (in a little bag with a strap) filled with 5FU, which is an aggressive strain. It runs for 48 hours, then back to the cancer center for removal.

And so far, so good. No, I ain't going to lie to you and tell you that there are no unpleasant side effects. There are, but they vary from person to person. Mostly fatigue with me and loss of appetite - but no nausea or diarrhea - at least not yet. I'm beginning to lose some hair and it'll be awhile before it grows back. But it will, whereas dying is a permanent condition, one that I'm fighting to avoid. In my mind, I've taken the being dead option off the table.

You can only eat one elephant at a time Hoss. Do the chemo, one treatment at a time, while holding your loved ones close.

I care.
                      Bob Lee

Comment

Good luck to both of you on your treatments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for all those effected by cancer.

Comment

Prayers Up for You & All the others battling this horrible disease .

Comment

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or want to talk about anything.

I was diagosed with ewings sarcoma february of last year. I had major back surgery to remove the tumor from my spine, then proton radation. Then intrethecal chrmo(chemo injected into your brain) then a port, and have had 4 other kinds of chemo since then. Finished a cycle tuesday... i handled most of the other chemos pretty well. This one makes me TIRED, and lets just say i live off miralax. I had been getting some hair back but this last round took care of that.

Overall my ride has NOT been NEARLY as bad as some ppl ive met... yeah i had a couple bouts with miningitis due to an infected port. But ive not had the constant nausea some ppl do... heck i GAINED weight on chemo(dang steroids).

That said, yes it sucks, but getting your heas around it accepting its your row to hoe is a big part of it. You dont gotta like it. I sure as $#!+ dont...

The first couple months is a weird time... you kind of go through kind of the stages of mourning. And dont rush that, keep your head up and work through

Holler if need to chat... or want to grab a beer. Not sure where your located but i travel quite a lot

Same goes with anybody with the C
                              And prayers up

Comment

Working...
                              X