Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive a 4x4.

Comment

I have a Ford F150 4x4 2010 with 5.0 gas. Can't say it is any noisier than a 2 wd. As far as gas mileage I get around 17-18 mpg. Didn't buy it for gas mileage though.

Comment

4X4 without question

Comment

Bought my first 4x4 in 1972 and been running one ever since. Current truck is a 2006 4x4 Ram 2500 Cummins.

Comment

4x4 for me and also my wife.
            We’ve been married for a little over 20 years and have never owned a two wheel drive during that time. I won’t buy one that’s not 4wd.

I drive a Toyota Tacoma with limited slip differentials and a rear locker.
            Last edited by Bone Thug; 11-13-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Have always had a 2 wheel drive truck and been stuck a hand full of times. Just recently traded in my F150 for a Jeep Wrangler.

Comment

I have had only 3 daily drive vehicles over the last 30 years. Two Grand Cherokees, and I'm now going on 10 years driving a Tacoma. All have been 4wd. I'm about ready for a new truck and I have seriously considered 2wd for my next one because realistically, I only need 4wd a few times a year - usually when I'm traversing muddy county roads getting to a deer lease. (once I get there we use lease vehicles.) Getting a 2wd would save some money and help some with gas mileage. However, since I pay them off in 3-4 years then drive them for another 7 years or so, the extra $ for 4wd may be worth it. Like they say, "you don't need it until you need it"

Comment

4WD. If I was going 2WD, I would import a ute from Australia.

Comment

You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                      You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.
                      I’d personally drive a plain Jane 4wd over a loaded 2wd.

Comment

4wd Nissan Titan. With all the rain we had at the lease it was the only way to get around. We had 24" during September in Atascosa county.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          4wd since 1973. They will get you stuck farther and worse than 2wd!
                          A 2wd with locker or limited slip in the rear with chains will go farther than most normal 4wd. Been there and seen it.

I’m a 4x4 guy but Mudslinger (appropriate for this thread or what?) is on point here. Where I grew up in NM ranchers loved 2WD trucks with chains.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                            I was debating this myself a few years ago and went with a XLT 4wd 5.0 over a 2wd platinum. I used the extra money I would have spent on the platinum to put a 6" lift and 35s and don't regret it one bit. It would have been nice to have leather and all the bells and whistles but just bought some seat covers and went on my way.

Comment

I hate getting stuck. I have owned 1 2wd and swore it was the last each time I got stuck in the mud or sand. 4wd now and from here on out. Its more important to me than touch screens or sun roofs etc on a 2wd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                                I’d personally drive a plain Jane 4wd over a loaded 2wd.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X