Back from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Texas

My wife and I spent about a week in Texas and three days in Hot Springs, Arkansas. She wanted to do Waco. I had wanted to visit with friends and we were suppose to go fishing on the coast but it got canceled because of storms.
    It rained about 90% of the time which was a surprise.
    From Dallas to San Antonio I-35 sucked. Construction, stop go traffic and a couple wrecks. I thought I-70 was bad. Some of the rain wasn’t that bad but what made it worse was people freaking out because it was raining. I don’t know if it is because it rains 3x’s as much up here than down there or what but some of the slow driving made it more dangerous on the interstate. It was like Indianapolis from Dallas to San Antonio in either directions.
    Too bad it rained the hole trip which canceled the fishing but wife got to do the whole Magnolia thing in Waco, I got to spend time with her and friends and we did get to see lots of San Antonio. But you guys can keep your I-35!

I-35 is the pits.

Comment

You should see how they act with a little ice or snow.

Comment

Glad you got to visit...…..
        Next time, take 281.....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
          Some of the rain wasn’t that bad but what made it worse was people freaking out because it was raining. I don’t know if it is because it rains 3x’s as much up here than down there or what but some of the slow driving made it more dangerous on the interstate.
          I understand your sentiments with folks driving slow in the rain. I can't grasp it either, other than maybe because its so flat here that roads flood easily.

I have driven from Houston to Little Rock in the rain with my cruise set at 70, and the only dangerous thing on the road is cars with no hazards going 20 mph in the middle of both lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            Next time, take 281.....
            This for sure!

Comment

Waco? On purpose? Lmao

Comment

Next time, take 281.....

For sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I stay off of I 35.

Comment

People cannot drive in this rain. Just because its raining doesnt mean you gota go 45 on the highway. I dont think 35 will ever be fixed ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      You should see how they act with a little ice or snow.
                      It doesn't even HAVE to Ice Over or Snow, just let it be Forecasted and people go STUPID

Comment

I35 is terrible.

Still cannot believe people come to Waco for magnolia. Can't you get cupcakes and go thrift shopping everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                          I35 is terrible.

Still cannot believe people come to Waco for magnolia. Can't you get cupcakes and go thrift shopping everywhere?
                          Thank HGTV for that. They make it look not crowded and worth going to see. She was let down because she is a fan of the show. Not a super fan but occasionally watches.
                          Thanks for the heads up about an alternate route next time.

Comment

The bad drivers are transplants

Comment

Next time, take 281.....
                              True that. Only road to take. I avoid 35 at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                              X