I guess I am too old to understand ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am too old to understand ...

I received this in a E-mail from one of our best customers.
    Keep in mind, this is a Coal mine , what I would consider "mans work"

I sent an e-mail back asking how queer do I need to be to qualify

Click image for larger version

Name:	fff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	25156582

So now there is a benefit to your company having been "certified" by these groups? Am I reading this correctly?

Comment

If they get any federal or state funding then it helps then in securing.

Comment

Good Grief!?!? What in the world do all those letters stand for?
        Recognize LGBT and DV but not the others ...

Comment

I assume they will give someone a percentage credit off their price to do a project.

Years ago we worked for the city of Austin, in their power plants. They had a program at the time that they would deduct 5% off a quote if the company was owned by a minority, woman or handicapped person.

Their was a one legged black lady which could bid 14% higher than us and be considered the low bid.

But then again that was Austin

Comment

Nothing screams discrimination against white male American citizen more than this.

Bid with confidence

Comment

There is an entire economy built around “minority participation “

I’ve worked on both sides of it in construction. It’s interesting, for sure.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                I assume they will give someone a percentage credit off their price to do a project.

Years ago we worked for the city of Austin, in their power plants. They had a program at the time that they would deduct 5% off a quote if the company was owned by a minority, woman or handicapped person.

Their was a one legged black lady which could bid 14% higher than us and be considered the low bid.

Austin is crazy. I'm sure other cities are just as bad. If you win a contract with the State you have to hire a certain number of minority owned companies. So the brainless jobs that usually pay little end up costing a lot. Why? Because managers don't want to hire the minority company for the important jobs that may cost them money if screwed up.

Comment

If I were in charge it would be filled up with pistol totin Hispanic and white bull dykes. They know how to get-r-done!

Comment

[ATTACH]920949[/ATTACH]
                    I can't see Arch or Peabody doing this.

Strange times we live in.

Comment

[ATTACH]920949[/ATTACH]
                      Originally posted by Man View Post
                      So now there is a benefit to your company having been "certified" by these groups? Am I reading this correctly?
                      Why am I not surprised? Am I becoming numb to all of the insanity in this world...

The company I work for has similar certifications, we have VOB (Veteran owned business) and VOSB (vet owned small business). We do a lot of DOD work and these give us "preference" on contracts. Honestly, I have not seen any new contract from it, or current DOD contracts are 25+ years old before we were veteran owned and when we were not considered a small business...

Comment

The conservative, Christian, white male is the most discriminated against individual in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                          Good Grief!?!? What in the world do all those letters stand for?
                          Recognize LGBT and DV but not the others ...
                          Women/Minority/Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Disabled Veteran, Business Enterprise

In the world of Federal contracting there are bonus points (and in some cases requirements) for a prime who subcontracts to corporations who are owned by anyone that fits the above categories. Google what an 8(a) small business is. In some cases, the Federal Government REQUIRES the prime contractor to specify and detail a fixed, minimum percentage of the total work share to those groups and they require that you identify who your subcontractors are when submitting a proposal for contracting with the Fed. Sounds like this company was trying to check a box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	24550852
                          Last edited by JonBoy; 08-23-2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            The conservative, Christian, white male is the most discriminated against individual in the United States.
                            True. But we still overcome all adversity.

Comment

Imagine if she was a Purple Heart vet!

Comment

Working...
                              X