Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all! And thanks for sharing. Love seeing.

Comment

Hey folks,

New to the forum and to hunting the Panhandle, got my first chance to make it to Hemphill County to some some property my in-laws own the first weekend of November. Just wanted to pop in and be a contributor to this thread I've enjoyed reading so much. Headed up on Saturday night with my Brother-in-law to take him on his first hunt.
      Last edited by BGwaltney622; 11-20-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BGwaltney622 View Post
        Hey folks,

New to the forum and to hunting the Panhandle, got my first chance to make it to Hemphill County to some some property my in-laws own the first weekend of November. Just wanted to pop in and be a contributor to this thread I've enjoyed reading so much. Headed up on Saturday night with my Brother-in-law to take him on his first hunt.
        Welcome! I hunt Hemphill and Wheeler. Good luck and hope you knock down a big one! Make sure your stuff is in order. GW here is a hard *** and loves writing tickets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
          Welcome! I hunt Hemphill and Wheeler. Good luck and hope you knock down a big one! Make sure your stuff is in order. GW here is a hard *** and loves writing tickets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Thanks for the welcome and I sure will, always like to be on the right side of the law.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy! Good luck!

Comment

Well me made it up late last night and hunted this morning, saw one of my younger 8s with a doe he was tailing and nothing else. Cows broke my camera so no pictures either. Had 5 mule deer does and a buck 60 yards from the truck on the neighbors place as we walked out to grab breakfast. The neck on the whitetail buck I saw was swollen and it looks like the rut is on good.

Comment

I saw about 20 doe Saturday morning east of McLean with 5-6 young bucks chasing them. A nice 8 showed up for a minute and a big bruiser stuck his head out. I counted 11 but noticed he had broken off a few tines.

Hoping for a return visit with the 11 this next weekend.

Comment

Got it done on a mule deer buck tonight, my brother in law missed on 20 minutes after. Back at it again tomorrow looking for him another shot. Trying to figure out how to get pictures uploaded.
                  Last edited by BGwaltney622; 11-23-2020, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took my oldest two up Sunday and came back yesterday. Sunday evening my 7-year old son was able to knock his first deer down. He was an old warrior. Right side was broken off right at his brow tine. Other than this one it was all young bucks but they were cruising and not interested in the corn at all. I’ll be back up Sunday and now it’s my turn try to stick one!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to the young hunters !

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                          I took my oldest two up Sunday and came back yesterday. Sunday evening my 7-year old son was able to knock his first deer down. He was an old warrior. Right side was broken off right at his brow tine. Other than this one it was all young bucks but they were cruising and not interested in the corn at all. I’ll be back up Sunday and now it’s my turn try to stick one!

Congratulations to the you g fellow.

I get to...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                            That is a good one, congrats to the little guy.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

My son got a pretty darn good mulie in Lamb Co. Second year in a row. Rifle kill.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

He sure did! Congrats! Smile says it all!

Comment

Working...
                                X