2018 Elk Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Elk Season

Now that this season has mostly come to a close, its time to start looking towards next season. I have put in for my WY General Elk tag, with 3 pref points I should have a really good chance of drawing. To say I'm excited would be an understatement as this will be my first time chasing elk.

Myself and 3 other TBHers are booked for NM Archery Elk. Can't get here soon enough!

Comment

One day I will chase them with the bow, but for the first trip I'm taking the 300 WBY.

Comment

Myself and 3 others are entering the NM draw. Won’t find out until May. We’re looking at rifle season this time.

Comment

Headed west for the first time this year with a buddy. Plan is a 7 day bivy archery hunt OTC in Colorado the week before muzzleloader. We are trying to do as much research as possible.

Also considering putting in for a draw tag for one of the few units that you can draw with zero points. Hunter success isnt any greater in those units but at least it would take some stress away from us by narrowing down areas to electronically scout. I think about half the state is OTC for archery so trying to narrow down to a target area has been the biggest challenge so far.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
            One day I will chase them with the bow, but for the first trip I'm taking the 300 WBY.
            GREAT riffle choice! I don't/won't carry any other riffle!

Comment

I'm ready for this year! Doing muzzleloader solo and a rifle hunt with my buddy if he decides to come up. Other wise it'll be another solo rifle hunt

Comment

You can hunt archery and rifle on that general elk tag in Wyoming. Why not come up for a week in archery season, works as a scouting trip, then come back for rifle season if not successful with your bow.
                Any specific areas you're looking to hunt? I live in Laramie and can help with some info for the Snowies.

Comment

I’ll be in SW Colorado this year with a buddy. Can’t wait.

Comment

In for draw unit 34 New Mexico. Have sourced two unit wide LO tags if don’t get drawn

Comment

I'll be in SW Colorado with a couple of friends. Low expectation and super excited.

Comment

In. Planning CO in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                          GREAT riffle choice! I don't/won't carry any other riffle!
                          Yes sir I love it. Kicks like a stubborn mule since it only weights 8lbs loaded and no break. But it's super accurate and with the 168 Barnes TSX things just die!

Comment

Myself and 3 others hoping to get drawn for Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              You can hunt archery and rifle on that general elk tag in Wyoming. Why not come up for a week in archery season, works as a scouting trip, then come back for rifle season if not successful with your bow.
                              Any specific areas you're looking to hunt? I live in Laramie and can help with some info for the Snowies.
                              My cousin and uncle have been hunting the Moran area for the past 10 years. They have a house and corrals there with horses so we will just hunt from there. I can only make 1 trip as I'm a school teacher and time off plus expenses wont allow me to make multiples so that 1 trip has to count...hence the rifle instead of the bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X