Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
    Under Armour isn't in the equipment business and has said they wont be. Even then, their earning are down.

Titleist makes money on their ball and business is down on their equipment.

No one is saying the sport will be killed but it is absolutely not the same.
    I'm talking about the clothing with under armour. But I know a lot of people who hit pro v1s and titleist clubs and they got no business spending that much on either balls or clubs. I believe they buy them because the famous guys use them

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
      I'm talking about the clothing with under armour. But I know a lot of people who hit pro v1s and titleist clubs and they got no business spending that much on either balls or clubs. I believe they buy them because the famous guys use them
      OK, but the point is business for every single equipment manufacturer is down with the exception of XPG. Golf, the business of golf, is struggling mightily since Tiger went down.

Comment

When Tiger came on the scene golf was about as low as low gets.
        It had to go up at some point. I'll agree that even though up was the only direction it could have gone Tiger took it higher than anyone could have expected. Tiger has not been relevant in 3 years and still the sport is gaining popularity year after year. There will most likely not be a giant rise like when Tiger showed up but thats only because its not in the swamp now like it was then

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Tiger has not been relevant in 3 years and still the sport is gaining popularity year after year.
          No, it isn't.

Comment

It had to go up at some point. I'll agree that even though up was the only direction it could have gone Tiger took it higher than anyone could have expected. Tiger has not been relevant in 3 years and still the sport is gaining popularity year after year. There will most likely not be a giant rise like when Tiger showed up but thats only because its not in the swamp now like it was then
            Sorry, but that's just false. Look up the National Golf Foundation..........I only know this because of my involvement with Golfsmith, but according the NGF, the number of golfers and rounds played has declined every year since 2010. Ironically, that's just after Tigers ex wrapped a 7 iron around his skull.
            Last edited by bdchorn; 02-15-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Yes he will
              Theres no denying Tiger did more than anyone for golf. But Spieth and several others will as well and theres probably someone no one has ever heard of that will as well. Tiger's impact on golf is not in doubt but thinking someone else will not have that same impact is not living in reality.
              Jordan may never be the same after the Masters as Tiger was was never the same after the divorce.

Comment

Tiger at his best was the best ever! Too bad injuries and bad decisions ruined him
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-15-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

His physical game might be done. But if your gonna throw him out of what he did for golf. Go ahead and throw Jack, Arnie, Gary, Tom all those guys out too. None of them did anything for the game of golf!

Comment

With 30 seconds of looking.

Tiger Woods has been the best-known golfer for 20 years. Here you can find full Tiger Woods news, Tiger Woods career highlights and more.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      If it wasn't for Tiger Woods I never would have heard of Elin Nordegren. For that reason, I'm a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tiger is the reason I started playing golf, along with millions of other people. That guy no doubt created tens of thousands of jobs in America at golf courses and shops simply by being the most dominant athlete of all time (before his downfall he won 1/4 tournaments entered with 100 more people in each tournament).

I sure as heck hope he makes a come back. Even if it's just one more major.

Comment

I care but understand why others do not.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                            No, it isn't.
                            Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                            Sorry, but that's just false. Look up the National Golf Foundation..........I only know this because of my involvement with Golfsmith, but according the NGF, the number of golfers and rounds played has declined every year since 2010. Ironically, that's just after Tigers ex wrapped a 7 iron around his skull.
                            I just read an article, it has

Comment

Leaders of the golf industry discuss the state of the golf industry as the game returns to the Olympics in Rio.

Comment

I just read an article, it has

Earth is flat. The article you linked is a year old. It says 2015 was the first increase since 2012 and there are a million articles that are contrary to that. Whatever.

This thread itself proves how galvanizing Tiger is regardless of your stance. I assist a major golf retailer in disposing of closed down stores. I can say with 100% first hand knowledge that the business of golf is down, and I hate that as a golfer.

Peace brother. We likely won't agree and that's cool. Gotta get back to work anyway
                                Last edited by bdchorn; 02-15-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X