Loking for good breakfast joint between Castroville and Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loking for good breakfast joint between Castroville and Uvalde

Heading that way tomorrow morning early and want some good breakfast along the way after we get through San Antonio. The preferred would be authentic mexican food with good tacos and great hot sauce. Let me know what's out there please.

The little Mexican place across the street from HEB in Hondo is where I'd stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
      The taqueria?

Comment

Anybody else? I know plenty folks travel that route. There's got to be a dang good place along the way I need to know about!

Comment

It's been years but Sammy's (I believe that's the name) in Castroville use to be really good

Comment

Ophelia's on the west side of Uvalde, on 90.

Comment

Tinkataco in Castroville or Ophelias in Uvalde.

Comment

Man I've been hunting out there going on 4 years now and have yet to find a good mexican breakfast. There is a little cafe on the west side of Hondo that seems to be packed for breakfast often. Not mexican though.

The place by HEB in Hondo isnt too bad for breakfast tacos, but their H. Rancheros is no beuno.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                  that's the best place in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                    Ophelia's on the west side of Uvalde, on 90.
                    I'd have to agree with this one right here. Or you can stop at the Townhouse in Uvalde proper. It has regular old bacon and egg breakfasts as well as Mesican plates... not bad.

Comment

I've been making that drive for many years, and never done it that early, so I don't know about breakfast. I'll say this, there just aren't any places to get overly excited about on that route. You might try Haby's Bakery in Castroville.

Comment

Nora's Tacos is decent in Sabinal. Not a restaurant though

Comment

I eat breakfast at Taqueria San Juan in Castroville about 3 times a week, it's right in the middle of town on the left if you're coming from San Antonio shortly after True Value. I'm a big fan of their tacos and the hot sauce is pretty darn good.

Also, KK steakhouse in D'Hanis is open for breakfast and surprisingly has really good tacos and killer hot sauce. It's right downtown on the right if you're coming from San Antonio, just over the railroad tracks next to the country mart. I believe they don't open until 8am, so it depends what time you're passing through.

Comment

Tinkataco in Castroville gets my vote, then stop by Haby's bakery for the blueberry or cranberry muffins!
                            You'll thank me later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not sure if Herman Sons is open for breakfast but my boys never let me drive by it for lunch or dinner. Love the pepper steaks.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X