Georgetown Hunting Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgetown Hunting Report?

We will be heading to the ranch in Georgetown Sunday to hunt for a few days. Are the deer moving pretty good right now? What's the latest word on the rut?

Has been very dead at my place in Burnet. I figures the rut has started but since we haven't seen a doe in a while, I don't figure we will see a buck

Comment

I'm in NW Leander/Liberty Hill area, W of Georgetown. I've hunted here for 20 years and this is by far the slowest I have ever seen it. Hope it's better for you, maybe the cold front will get them moving.

Comment

I'm at lake gtown public and its a little slow ...seems to be picking up a little though...not sure on rut I'm pretty green but it doesn't seem to have kicked in hard yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. Well we're gonna go and hope for the best. Can't kill em here at the house that's for sure. I'm hoping with this full moon moving out and the front coming in may get them going a little bit but we'll just have to see.

Comment

Does anyone ever see any exotics around the Georgetown area. I've been hunting there for about ten years now but have never seen any. I'm not there but maybe once or twice a year with no cams or feeders going so I was just wondering?

Comment

No exotics around here. The deer have been hard on the acorns all through October, and just now seem to be slowly coming back to the feeders.

Bisch

Comment

I hunt in Georgetown. Still not hitting the corn hardly at all.. The rut was strong about Halloween..it's about done but there is usually a second rut around mid Dec..this weekend will be deer moving with the front!

Comment

More acorns this year than I have ever seen b4.

Comment

I'm just up the road in Florence. Very slow on corn. Some of my summer bucks have still been seen but just cruising not eating. Guy on the lease killed 18in 8 last weekend same story just cruising. That being said when I can go I go. Good luck to you. Where abouts in Georgetown? I live out just past Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Rut was two weeks ago. Bucks were going crazy for about a week.

--cold weather this weekend will make them move though I bet, you will have good luck!
                      Last edited by Falling; 11-17-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                        I'm just up the road in Florence. Very slow on corn. Some of my summer bucks have still been seen but just cruising not eating. Guy on the lease killed 18in 8 last weekend same story just cruising. That being said when I can go I go. Good luck to you. Where abouts in Georgetown? I live out just past Ronald Reagan.
                        We're off 29 west right past the Cimmaron Hills Golf Course.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Miller View Post
                          We're off 29 west right past the Cimmaron Hills Golf Course.
                          I am in Gabriel's Overlook. Like most have said bucks were going crazy a couple weeks ago. I have one real nice buck in my subdivision. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                            My place in Burnet Co. As well.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                              Yep, I've been saying the same thing. I've swept up several 5 gallon bucks of acorns just from a few two particular trees

Comment

Working...
                              X