Options for ground deer meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options for ground deer meat

The only people in my family that'll eat ground venison are my son and I, so I never cook it. I usually just make jerky or chili but I'm wanting to experiment with other things. What do y'all do?

Burgers tacos meat loaf

Comment

Anything you typically use burger meat for I substitute with ground venison. Hamburger helper, tacos, spagethi, chili, meat loaf, burgers, etc...

Comment

Jerky!!!!

Comment

Burgers are great especially if you mix in 3 lbs of bacon ends and pieces with 7 lbs of ground. Grind it all together, season to your taste and throw it on the grill. It's so good I converted some non venison eaters.

Comment

Burgers, spaghetti, hamburger helper, tacos

Comment

Just dont tell them its deer they will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by ferrellv View Post
                Just dont tell them its deer they will never know.
                Zakly. We put it in Lasagna, tacos, chili, spaghetti, pretty much anything that uses ground beef. Something I've done is save and freeze the trimmings from a brisket, and the when I grind the venison I add the trimming to the grinder and mix them in with the venison. Gives the venison a little fat to cook in. It's really good if the brisket has previously been smoked.

Comment

My wife uses ground venison in anything we would use ground beef for (Hamburger helper, tacos, etc.). We have found a good processor near where we live that makes a heck of a tasty mix for the ground venison. We used another that wasn't nearly as good and you can tell the difference in a good and poor processor.

Comment

Sloppy joe or spagetti

Comment

The favorite around here is taco meat but we readily use it in place of anything calling for ground beef.

Comment

You can take the ground meat and make breakfast pan sausage or anything you use ground beef for use the ground meat instead

Comment

We use it in everything that you would usually use with beef. We also make egg rolls and meatballs.

Comment

Originally posted by NanR View Post
                            We use it in everything that you would usually use with beef. We also make egg rolls and meatballs.

Now that sounds pretty good.

Comment

We have not bought ground beef in 6 years. We use ground venson for everything. Typically me and my boys shoot about 6-8 deer and that gets us through the year. This year my son shot an elk and now we have a bunch of ground elk meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X