No announcement yet.

TSA watch - frequent flyers post your wait times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What changed to cause the delays??? Never waited too long except for in Miami, which is the worst airport in the history of EVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      Let's see how the waiting times are trending for those traveling by air. Post your airport, time of day, and the time it took to get through just the TSA checkpoint:

Dallas Love, 3pm today, 31 minutes

Went to DC's National Airport last Monday and only waited about 10 minutes. The way back from DC I had to wait 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        What changed to cause the delays??? Never waited too long except for in Miami, which is the worst airport in the history of EVER!!!
        x2! I will do my best to avoid Miami for the rest of my life!

Comment

Egypt Air plane crash and US drone took out high Isis target

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Drive.

It will be faster...........
            I never wait, I just jump in my truck and go. I realize some of you guys have to fly for work, but I will never board another airplane. I will not go through what TSA wants to put you through. Nobody is gonna x-ray me except a doctor, and nobody is gonna put their hands on me except my wife. When the Lord passed out tolerance, I was absent.

Comment

Flew out of Austin this morning at 7am. No wait at all. I'm prescreened though, there was a decent wait for the regular line. The real test will be when I fly out of O'Hare tomorrow. If it's anything like the news says.....I'm in for a wait.

Comment

SW Preferred. Never a wait time.

Comment

Couple factors in causing these delays.

1. Oil is low so fuel is low. Causing flights to be cheaper.
                  2. More people carrying bags on instead of checking.
                  3. IG did a review of TSA late last year and found that too many banned items were getting through. You can't be fast and accurate. You can be slow and accurate. Problem is slow and accurate is just that SLOW.
                  4. TSA has more travelers yet no increase in budget yet air travel has increased drastically over the last few years.
                  All the above add up to longer lines.

Comment

LGA, 5pm, 12 minutes, same as Pre-check.

Comment

Las Vegas. Just now. TSA precheck 4 minutes.

Comment

I flew out of O'Hare around 3pm Friday before last. Precheck was ~30min, standard was 1hr 25min.

This morning Hobby was around 12 min for precheck and the same for standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I flew out of Houston to Cancun last week on Tuesday at 10 am and had maybe a 5 minute wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SAT terminal B, 1:30 today. No wait for pre check or normal.

Comment

DFW monday 2minutes
                              LAX this morning 7 minutes
                              IND this afternoon lines looked very short
                              Media BS again. Any given day can be bad, but I fly wkly and the long waits are the exception

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntvideo View Post
                                DFW monday 2minutes
                                LAX this morning 7 minutes
                                IND this afternoon lines looked very short
                                Media BS again. Any given day can be bad, but I fly wkly and the long waits are the exception
                                Ha! This is what I was thinking as well. They were showing Regan on Monday but kept the camera in close and would never show the line. Orlando Tuesday at 5 and 20-30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X