Buzzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    How not to write a post dealing with breaking a law and not implicate yourself.
    Not breaking a law protecting my property. And by not advertising it there’s no reason for a single person to be concerned what I do

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Not breaking a law protecting my property. And by not advertising it there’s no reason for a single person to be concerned what I do
      Actually, without a permit..you are.. and you did advertise it.

Comment

Kill em all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Actually, without a permit..you are.. and you did advertise it.
          Thanks JR warden!

I’m offering an option that 100% of real world farmers use that is sort of an unwritten blind eye.

But sure getting a &$&%^ ing permit while your investment is being destroyed and waiting on government red tape is a great option as well!

🙄

Comment

NO permit required to shoot the black headed buzzards. They are an invasive species out of mexico and not native to Texas. They are NOT protected. Red headed (Turkey Buzzards) are protected but they very rarely attack new born calves unless they are near death/lifeless in my experience.

Comment

Man I’m sorry to here y’all have to deal with this, like it’s not hard enough as it is. Not sure I’d wait for a permit to protect my livelyhood either. Good luck OP and others in the cattle industry.

Comment

I dealt with them too many times this spring while the calves were being born. It was the black headed buzzards. They get very aggressive going after calves. Some ranchers shoot em even though it’s illegal. It made me angry having to constantly fight em off. One morning while feeding, I drove up on a pair that was corned at a fence and pond. Usually the other new moms would join in and help fight the buzzards off. Not this time. There were a bunch trying to wear down or wait the momma out. Thankful I got there just in time before they pounced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  Didn’t realize they were predators always thought they were just scavengers that’s crazy
                  Something I didn’t know until this year is that eagles are scavengers also. Dumped hogs out of a trap. Next morning there were two bald eagles out there along with the buzzards and yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    I deal with them daily year around. You HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY! so do what needs done and go about your life. All will be well

Don’t:

Post pics
                    Facebook rants
                    Selfies
                    Coffee shoe stories

Do what needs done and no ones the wiser.
                    This ! SSS

Comment

Have not had a problem with buzzards but have had several dead calves from Mexican Eagles known also as Cara Cara
                      Found dead calves with eyes pecked out with a 5’ circle of blood around their head

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                        I am so dang sick of these miserable, nasty creatures. They keep surrounding my cattle trying to kill calves. Drove up today to find at least 100 in the back pasture. I've already lost 1 calf to them, now I'm 2 short on counts today. I see red every time I drive up and see them. I remember one instance 2 years ago where I drove up on a cow with a new calf. There was a perfect circle of bare dirt around her from fighting buzzards. Her tongue was hanging out she was so tired from fighting them. Best part is they are protected so you can't do a darn thing about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                        Not true. You can do what's necessary, just don't go telling everybody. Dang sure don't go crying on the internet.

Or you can sit there wringing your hands, worried about the gov't and whether or not you have the proper permission to be a free man, while your newborn calves die.

Comment

Have the right to protect your live stock as others have said

Comment

Bone pile and tanerite its does wonders

Comment

You can get a depredation permit for them. Our friends raise Beefmaster cattle and they have one.
                              Last year, right before dove season opened the GW rolled up and asked if they were shooting dove. Nope! Just buzzards. Got permit, no problem.

Comment

It's still ok to not tell everything you do on the interweb. Just make sure your your coffee shoes don't start telling stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X