Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do? He's 5. Hard to let him walk...but I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness!!!

Comment

This Year

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PkxW5Q4Rs"]Las Raices Ranch Drop Tine Buck “The Sawfish” - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

How did you get that video?? That's awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

that drone video is bad aa*****$, such a cool idea. It's funny even a deer doesn't like to be followed by one

What do ya'll think he scores this year

Comment

That is one bad mutha, congrats on raising such a beast ( again) thanks for sharing!!

Comment

God I love that "Red Dirt"... Nice Buck too

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                He’s cooler because he’s not
                Dmp as in native deer caught and put with 20 does. Not as in bought and placed with 20 does. Big difference. I get it if you and other thought I meant breeder deer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                  Dmp as in native deer caught and put with 20 does. Not as in bought and placed with 20 does. Big difference. I get it if you and other thought I meant breeder deer.
                  DMP native to native is still a breeding program, and what comes out of that is something less than native.

Comment

DMP native to native is still a breeding program, and what comes out of that is something less than native.
                    Couldn't disagree with your statement more, If you are putting a native buck in with native does, you are manipulating your breeding, but the results are still 100% native.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                      Couldn't disagree with your statement more, If you are putting a native buck in with native does, you are manipulating your breeding, but the results are still 100% native.
                      If you are deciding who breeds who and increasing an individual bucks influence on your herd by large magnitudes... and then breeding back as is so often the case, it’s a breeding program and you have gone away from native.

You can’t breed deer and be 100% native. You can have 100% Texas genetics, but you aren’t native anymore.

Comment

If you are deciding who breeds who and increasing an individual bucks influence on your herd by large magnitudes... and then breeding back as is so often the case, it’s a breeding program and you have gone away from native.

You can’t breed deer and be 100% native. You can have 100% Texas genetics, but you aren’t native anymore.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a different and unique view. Surprised he tolerated all that noise for as long as he did. I would be nervous as all get out w all those extra tines and the possibility of getting locked up. He is a magnificent WT. Nice going, hope he lives a long life.

Comment

That makes zero sense. If you do not introduce genetics, it's 100 percent native.

And if that's what constitutes a breeding program, the high fence and culling program puts you in the breeder category. You can easily influence who lives and who dies on 4000 acres

Comment

That makes zero sense. If you do not introduce genetics, it's 100 percent native.

And if that's what constitutes a breeding program, the high fence and culling program puts you in the breeder category. You can easily influence who lives and who dies on 4000 acres
                              I'd have to disagree with you as well. Maybe the term "Natural" is the term he is going for instead of "Native". They are native from a genetic standpoint inside and outside a breeder program, but the fact that that deer is pasture born and naturally occurred with minimal human influence is much more impressive than one that came from a breeding program.

Comment

I don’t decide who gets to breed and my deer have to earn their right to breed in a natural setting competing with other deer. Stop grasping it doesn’t make any sense.

A DMP is a Permit to breed deer.

I can kill deer and let deer live, but I can’t line breed does back to their fathers and brothers.

Calling 4000 acres a breeder pen is pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X