Looking for a Tannary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Tannary

As the title says I have a Axis hide I would like to get tanned in the Houston area preferably in on the south side of town.
    Thanks

ship it to North Texas Tannery in Denton, I'll bet even with paying shipping you'll save money and quality can't be beat.

Comment

Look up houston fur dressing. They use to be fur dressing express. I send around 20+ hides to them a year. You can beat the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
        Look up houston fur dressing. They use to be fur dressing express. I send around 20+ hides to them a year. You can beat the quality.
        So their quality is good or no? If you can beat it I’d find somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
          ship it to North Texas Tannery in Denton, I'll bet even with paying shipping you'll save money and quality can't be beat.

This^^^^^^ I have had a half dz axis hides done at NTT, and all have been great. Can’t beat the price either , at $45!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep. They do good work and they’ll ship it back.

They’ve done some of my beaver and axis hides and all turn out great.

Comment

Had a Moose dewlap done. Did a average job. Had several spots they fleshed all the way to the hair, but no real hole. I would use again.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                So their quality is good or no? If you can beat it I’d find somewhere else.
                Sorry. I meant can't beat the quality. There hides are beautiful when they are down

Comment

I shipped to North Texas Tannery from the Houston area a few years ago. I shipped regular ground UPS, not overnight, and they hit their door at 9 am the next morning. It wasn't very expensive and I'm happy with the work.

Freezed them solid, put them in a good contractor bag, box them up and ship.

Comment

Longhorn Tannery in Weimar

Comment

Question: Do the hides have to be fleshed before you send them to the tannery?

Comment

NTT for sure, they are awesome and prices are hard to beat unless you DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                          Question: Do the hides have to be fleshed before you send them to the tannery?
                          They usually flesh em down for you. I've never fleshed em b4 I dropped em off.

Comment

Thrre used to be one in Conroe. That would be close.

Comment

This. They’ve done several axis, a bear and a Buffalo for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X