2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Well boys, one season (2015) is in the books and another one starts. One of our members shot a 136" buck that we had #2 on the hit list. He was a beautiful buck (I posted him in the other thread) shot at the height of the rut. I spent a boatload of time with interviews and the rest of the time on my days off seemed to hit me with bad weather or bad timing. Worst year hunting I've had since 2011 as I only got three trips in the woods but I did get to spend one of those with my 6 year old son on my east Texas lease and that was worth it.

Didn't get the job I was pushing for either so the bitter part of me feels like it was a waste of time (the time spent pursuing the job and not in the woods) but I'm trying to be positive and think that God has other plans for me and wants me where I'm at for what He has in store for me. Maybe he also cut my season short because he's gonna bring a special deer to me in 2016

For everyone who's been a part of this thread for the last couple of seasons, good luck this upcoming season. For the new boots, welcome to SE Oklahoma and the gem that it is.

My 2nd year in Push and just put out an 800 protein feeder the other day. Already Buying seed for spring plots, gonna go at least 8-10 acres irrigated.

Comment

Hopefully starting up again at SFA won't keep me from making it up to Push this year. Already working on getting soybean and clover plots cleared and ready for planting. Let's make the most of 2016!
      Last edited by Texahoman; 01-25-2016, 08:37 AM. Reason: Word

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
          My 2nd year in Push and just put out an 800 protein feeder the other day. Already Buying seed for spring plots, gonna go at least 8-10 acres irrigated.
          Dang it son go big or go home!

Comment

what in the world. we have already started a 16 thread... woop woop

Comment

Spent last weekend driving in fence posts to protect my food plot from neighbors "free ranging" cows and mules. Drove in 60 posts with tractor bucket. Way easier than pounding them into cement like last July

now need to decide what to plant that grows well with rock for the spring........any suggestions?

Comment

Waiting to here back on our bid to see if our 452 acres becomes 1938 acres! Need to see if I will be working the same stands or moving some around. Ready to start scouting.

Comment

Just found out we didn't get the extra 1400 acres. At least we still have the 452. Just means that we don't have to do as much scouting.

Comment

Can we turkey hunt this spring? I think it was closed in the fall.

Comment

Following along from a distance...will add to thread once bear season comes back around

Comment

Doubled clover plot and killed a bunch of cedars with the tractor. Plots are looking good but still being kept down pretty hard by grazing. Also found a shed off a young 8.
                        [/IMG]

Comment

Most of us are headed up this weekend to do some shed hunting and to get out of town

Comment

I must be slipping. I just woke up and realized the 2016 Push Party had started without me! Thanks for getting things kicked off, Daniel!

Was up in God's country with my Sister and Mom two weeks ago to get my trailer for the upcoming "H" hog hunt and cycled my cams. Lots of deer movement and lots of 'yotes.

Some wildfires were burning and made for an interesting sunset.

Looking forward to getting my 11 year old daughter on a deer this season. We couldn't connect last year but we will be hitting the youth season in 2016.

None of our shooters hit the dirt this past year. I had a close encounter with #2 on the list but ultimately it was not meant to be. That said, I thinned my share of does so hopefully the sex ratio is getting better.

2016 should have plenty of targets!

Looking forward to following along and sharing in your ups and downs.

Comment

After my 1st season up there last year and passing on a couple of good bucks that would have been by far my best deer ever I can't wait for October 1st!! We learned alot and are already making adjustments. I think the biggest lesson learned is hunt hard in October up until Thanksgiving cause after that our deer movement went way down.

Comment

Working...
                              X