Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Who've Had a Dog Rattlesnake Bit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great!

Comment

Have 2 Jack Russells each bit 4 times by Copperhead or Cotton Mouth Benadryl was given and all are fine.Now recover by next day with no Benadryl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Sounds like old blue dog turned the corner yesterday, and is going home tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Great to hear Dale!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Good deal, i just read this post and was thinking he oughta be fine

Comment

Glad to hear the hound is recovering. That little bald spot will be a conversation piece in the future. I had a border collie, my first dog, that got bit on the lip by a rattler when i was a little kid. I always knew what the little bald spot was from.

Comment

Those Who've Had a Dog Rattlesnake Bit...

I haven't seen him, but apparently his whole leg up to the chest is an oozing mess. Apparently he got a big dose.

Do I recall right that timber rattlers have a bit more toxic venom than a western? There are some up there...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-19-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen him, but apparently his whole leg up to the chest is an oozing mess. Apparently he got a big dose.

Do I recall right that timber rattlers have a bit more toxic venom than a western? There are some up there...

Not sure, I know westerns are significantly more toxic than copperheads or moccasins.

Comment

We had a Sheltie looking dog that got bit 3 times by rattlers. First time on the nose, second on the foot and third on the neck. She survived all 3 and thrived.
                    Likely she developed an immunity after the first bite on the nose.
                    We also had another hound dog looking thing that got bit on the thigh. Fang marks were 2" apart. He didn't survive the night even after a trip to the vet.

Comment

Prayers to heal the heeler.

Comment

Canebrake venom is primarily made up of neurotoxins. Western Diamondback venom is primarily made up of hemotoxins.

So basically I'm guessing a Diamondback is what bit the dog.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 06-20-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

My mothers in laws dog got tagged by a copperhead in the face. His head swole up big for about 3 days and he eventually got over it. Good Luck

Comment

good news...

Comment

Baseball tournaments and a small vacation are finally out of the way, the boys are back together as of this morning. I'm sure it will do both good.

Comment

Great news! Looks like they both feel good to be back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X