Loading deer in rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading deer in rangers

How are you guys getting deer into your Polaris Ranger or similar? Hitch mounted hoist? Bed mounted hoist or other creative ideas?

Brute strength my friend, I had to winch my buck out of the creek and then I was like crap now I gotta load this bad boy by myself. well like I said brute strength it wasn't easy!!

Comment

Got a cargo basket on the front of my mule. I mounted a roller at each end. Flop the head and neck up.grab hold and roll him on. Better yet,flop him on and get your much younger son to pull him on.....I'm 78,he's 40.

Comment

I'm getting older and weaker. Strongly considering mounting a winch to the cab frame above the bed to help crank them into the back of the bed. Would also help if you had a narrow piece of plywood you could slope off the bed. It's a pain trying to pull them up in the bed with a big heavy deer, trying to clear the shoulders over the tailgate

Comment

Get in back of ranger. Grab antler. Pull up and walk backwards. Put your weight into it.

Comment

We are going to get a hitch mounted hoist. Getting too old to manhandle the big hogs.

Comment

I've got a pulley mounted on the back of the metal roof of my mule.

Comment

I built a hoist for my Ranger. It works well with critters big an small.

Comment

I just bought a litter to lift animals into basket on back of suburban. Lift one up, then the other. I too am getting too old to want to man handle dead critters.

Comment

Nothing fancy, I just keep a ratchet strap in the bed of my mule. I attache one end to the deer and one end to the headache rack of mule. While standing on ground lift deer as far as I can in bed and pull strap tight, ratchet it up to get a little further and then get in back of mule and lift the rest of the way in. If it's a really big animal you can put a pulley around rollover bar, run a sturdy rope or strap thru pulley, attach one end of rope to animal other end to a fixed object such as a tree, then just drive forward with bed tilted down. As you drive forward the rope will go thru the pulley and pull animal up in bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
                      Brute strength my friend, I had to winch my buck out of the creek and then I was like crap now I gotta load this bad boy by myself. well like I said brute strength it wasn't easy!!
                      Yep

Comment

A cargo basket in the back of my Ranger is what I use. Easy loading for one person.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                          Got a cargo basket on the front of my mule. I mounted a roller at each end. Flop the head and neck up.grab hold and roll him on. Better yet,flop him on and get your much younger son to pull him on.....I'm 78,he's 40.
                          This for deer and pigs sometimes just tie a rope around the biggest boars upper jaw and drag them to their final resting place.

BP

Comment

Grab and lift

Comment

I loaded an aoudad in my pickup, alone, once. Tried to "brute strength" it. I'd get half the 200-250 lb dead weight body in, then it would start pulling me out of the truck bed.

Luckily, I had a 6 foot ladder in the truck. I put it on the ground, then rolled the aoudad on to it. I lifted the front of the ladder (with aoudad laying on it) and leaned it on the tailgate. Then, lifted the other end, and slid the ladder into the bed of the truck (with aoudad laying on top). Yes, it was still heavy, but it wasn't "dead"/floppy weight,
                              Last edited by Abctx; 11-15-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X