04-06 f250 diesel truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04-06 f250 diesel truck

I'm looking at buying a 2004-2006 diesel f250. Could y'all give me some pointers on what to look out for with these engines?

Run!

Comment

Why? Could you explain a little more?

Comment

6.0 just say no!

Comment

I own a shop and the 6.0 can be difficult and expensive to repair. First what is your budget? How many miles on the unit your looking at. Is it deleted and do you plan to delete it? What are you using it for? They can be good units and the can be a money pit. We have an 07 with 225k on it. Just had to put injectors in it and that was not fun. Bought 8 new ones, broke down 3 times before I told brand x to refund our money. 8 from Ford and no problems since. Just understand if it has a breakdown its not easy or cheap to repair.

Comment

Search this sight for 6.0 blues. No matter how good someone says their 6.0 is, it just hasn't happened yet. Let me assure you it will. Took two different trucks doing same thing for me to learn. Last fix cost $12,000 to fix.

Comment

Heads, head gaskets, oil coolers. The list goes on and on. And if they tell you it has been bullet proofed, still run.

Comment

I would not own one if it was given to me. $12,000 spent on my 06 before I got rid of it!

Comment

I'm just looking for a work truck. Hauling a trailer from time to time and the rv every once I a while. What yr models would be better ?

Comment

Budget around 15000. Will deleting it help the engine? What should look for to make sure it's an Ok buy? In looking for one with around 200000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by LBLHUNTER View Post
                      Budget around 15000. Will deleting it help the engine? What should look for to make sure it's an Ok buy? In looking for one with around 200000 miles
                      A 7.3 or 6.7

Comment

What yr did the 6.7 ci.e out and is it a much more reliable engine? I know the 7.4 is good but I don't want to buy a 90s model

Comment

Don't.

Comment

There are plenty of good Dodge trucks out there. Seriously though, a few searches here and you will have plenty enough reasons to stay away from a 6.0 or 6.4 Ford.

Comment

I have 185,000 miles on my 6.4 Ford. Not a thing wrong with it. Some good and some bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X