Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default Critique this blind plan please.

I'm about to build a couple of 2, or 3, person blinds. I like to have plenty of room to maneuver. These are gun blinds that will be on a short platform. The idea is to build the platforms (already cut and in the pasture awaiting assembly), and then assemble the blind panels in the pasture as well. The 3/8" plywood walls will extend over the base. The framing will be of a combination of 2x2's and 2x4's. Screwed together w/ the new fangled SPAX screws from Home Depot that i really like. My plan may be a little lacking, but i have it pretty well sorted out in my head.

My main question / concern is this. I want to make sure the blind is just small enough to allow a full 4x8 - 5/8" piece of cdx plywood to serve as the roof. I only want one piece of plywood for the roof. I've forgotten what little geometry i ever learned. But a think a 41" width, with 6" drop from front to back will leave enough of the 48" piece of plywood to have an inch or so overhang on the front and back. Am i right? I hope this makes sense.

Sorry about the size. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

mikemorvan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top