What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    Well, scratch Bastrop off the list! It beats going to work but that is it. The woman behind the counter was less than friendly and put us in an area other than what i reserved. We wanted spot 4 or 5 up on a bluff and they are a pull through. Instead, we got put in a valley a stones throw from the highway and on top of that, my sewer hose doesnt reach! DO NOT stay in spot 72!

Here is the view from under the canopy.

The odd placement of the sewer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    That's why I carry 50 feet of water hose, 40 feet of sewer, and 25 foot 50 amp extension cord.

Comment

Well, scratch Bastrop off the list! It beats going to work but that is it. The woman behind the counter was less than friendly and put us in an area other than what i reserved. We wanted spot 4 or 5 up on a bluff and they are a pull through. Instead, we got put in a valley a stones throw from the highway and on top of that, my sewer hose doesnt reach! DO NOT stay in spot 72!
      Our view in towards the valley.

Here is the view from under the canopy.

The odd placement of the sewer

That's why I carry 50 feet of water hose, 40 feet of sewer, and 25 foot 50 amp extension cord.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        If you reserved a spot go get your spot
        State Parks in Texas are first come, first served.... you cannot reserve a particular site.

Javi

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
          Yep... learned that one years ago. Better to be prepared and not need it.

Javi

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
            State Parks in Texas are first come, first served.... you cannot reserve a particular site.

Javi
            I know that but some state parks you can reserve certain areas, I know Tyler state park you can. He said he reserved a certain area so I would definitely get that area

Comment

I know that but some state parks you can reserve certain areas, I know Tyler state park you can. He said he reserved a certain area so I would definitely get that area
              Tyler is the only one that I know of that was doing that, and only those on the water... I've heard that Caddo is going to try it for a limited time... I was told that it was this month in the 50 amp sites.
              We've been disappointed in several of the SP because of making reservations for a 50 - 60 foot site and then placed in a 25-30 foot site... trailer is 40 foot and pickup is 24 foot... I just thank them and drive home.

We've started avoiding the busier parks because of the poor reservation system.

Javi
              Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 04-07-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                Tyler is the only one that I know of that was doing that, and only those on the water... I've heard that Caddo is going to try it for a limited time... I was told that it was this month in the 50 amp sites.
                We've been disappointed in several of the SP because of making reservations for a 50 - 60 foot site and then placed in a 25-30 foot site... trailer is 40 foot and pickup is 24 foot... I just thank them and drive home.

We've started avoiding the busier parks because of the poor reservation system.

Javi
                That would suck

Comment

That would suck
                  It does for sure... but the COE parks aren't bad and they do reserve specific sites and are 1/2 price for us old folks.

Javi

Comment

We stopped by WalMart and got a 10' extension. All is better now.

Here's a little food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                      I bet it was necessary to pull that big puppy!
                      X2

Comment

We are at Purtis Creek SP this weekend.

Comment

We stopped by WalMart and got a 10' extension. All is better now.

Here's a little food for thought.

Like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                            Like that idea.
                            Thank you brother. We first started getting them because we tent camped and didn't have a place to display stickers. Then we got an old pop up and the wife didnt want stickers on it. Now I'm glad we did!

Comment

We just use this.

Comment

Shrimp and scallops for supper.

Dogs like campfires too.

Comment

Working...
                                X