Biggest Buck Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest Buck Ever!

So I felt the need to share this hunting story with everyone. My best friend for over 30 years recently shot the biggest buck of his life. To be able to be a part of this and share the experience was simply amazing....
    First a little about Gene, we all have that friend that is there no matter what. Filling feeders, moving blinds, planting food plots, it just didn't matter. Gene and I have hunted together for over 30 years, on a few leases but mostly on our family ranch. We are all about having fun. Knowing our area is not known for "monster" bucks, we always just enjoyed spending time hunting, eating and working on "Gene's stuff".... (inside joke)
    Now before this buck, Gene's best buck was a 128" - 8 point taken off our ranch many years ago. So needless to say this was a huge improvement. Not only for Gene, but for our ranch. It was 2 years ago my wife took the largest archery buck to date with a 149" -- 10 pt.
    We have been on mld permits for 10 years now, always trying to better our herd. We are a low fence ranch with hunters all around us, so growing a mature buck is a challenge in itself. We feed protein at the house most of the year and this is where we first saw this awesome buck, whom we named "Pedro." We always have a lot of bucks at the house while they develop their horns and it's neat to watch them grow. We will share pics of them with our friends and their progress. Well, to say Gene immediately had a thing for Pedro is an understatement, so early on I committed to Gene to do everything we could to get him on Pedro... As we got closer to season the bucks did as they always do and started coming around less and less to the point that when season finally came around we were looking hard for Pedro. Finally after a 3 week hiatus from his usual routine he showed back up and Gene was able to harvest this awesome buck. This story doesn't begin to tell the high's and low's that Gene experienced. We are an archery only ranch, 2 weeks before season while working on a new set up Gene fell and tore his rotator cuff, leaving him completely unable to shoot his bow. He was already giving up on the opportunity to hunt Pedro and his hunting season when he was gifted a crossbow to pursue his hunt for Pedro once again. As everyone can see, he learned to shoot it quite well. One other side note. Gene harvested Pedro 3 days before his birthday. Gene had always said if he could ever have anything he wanted for his birthday it would be a big buck..... Happy Birthday Gene....
    Now...MEET PEDRO!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Genesbuck3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	25162516

Name:	Genesbuck1.jpg
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	25162517

Name:	Genesbuck2.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	25162518

What up Pedro, Congratulations Gene
    Last edited by low_tec; 10-24-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Way to Gene!

Comment

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Outstanding buck! Congratulations on raising and harvesting such a fine specimen.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Grats

Comment

Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

great buck

Comment

Vote for Pedro!

Comment