Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lampasas County 2018-19

Figured I'd start an ongoing thread about Lampasas County hunters. My little slice of heaven is about 6 miles norhwest of Lometa.
    Went up this past Thursday morning to check cameras, feeders, water stations....etc. Things are looking promising. Fawns have dropped, headgear is coming along nicely. Range conditions are green and really better than i expected with this early heat and lack of rain. Windmills are keeping the water stations full.

Feel free to add to this post. Lets see how things are going

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice property with a large tank.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
        nice property with a large tank.

Thanks...actually 2 tanks (can really whack the teal and widgeon) Also haa 4 windmills that keep water stations full

Comment

Looking good! Was just thinking the other night I needed to start up the thread for this year but you beat me to it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple more pics..... from the same weekend. Yes, Some of the dates on the cameras are wrong, and some are way way wrong. Not entirely sure why that camera does that periodically

Comment

Oops, forgot to add the pics

Last edited by K. Lane; 06-26-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

ugh......not sure why taptalk did the pics like that. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                  ugh......not sure why taptalk did the pics like that. Apologies.
                  It's not Tapatalk, it's ancient TBH.

Nice place. I was hunting another TBHer's lease in Lometa not long ago. It sure is quiet out there.

Comment

Range conditions looked great, green everywhere. I filled feeders with corn/soyabean mix this time just to see if deer like it. Have heard mixed reviews. Saw a couple of fawns running around. Already killed 4 pigs this year they are getting a lil too comfortable.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Need to get down to our place soon haven't been down since April. Looks nice and green down there. ... just curious where about yall are that have hogs. We have hunted on the same place for 31 years and have only had a handful of hogs and just in the past 8 or so years. Two years in a row we had a lone boar or 2 that showed up and we shot them. Then 2 years ago we had a group with 2 sows and some little pigs show up daily and destroy under my feeder. I shot the lead show and we haven't had a hog in 2 years. Just seems weird to me not complaining though

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                        Need to get down to our place soon haven't been down since April. Looks nice and green down there. ... just curious where about yall are that have hogs. We have hunted on the same place for 31 years and have only had a handful of hogs and just in the past 8 or so years. Two years in a row we had a lone boar or 2 that showed up and we shot them. Then 2 years ago we had a group with 2 sows and some little pigs show up daily and destroy under my feeder. I shot the lead show and we haven't had a hog in 2 years. Just seems weird to me not complaining though

Im few miles NE of Lometa ( i know the original post says NW....my bad), close to Adamsville. We dont get the piggies real often but when we do, there is usually a herd of 15-20 of them. We get pics for a few weeks then they vanish for a month or so
                        Last edited by K. Lane; 06-27-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                          Im few miles NE of Lometa ( i know the original post says NW....my bad), close to Adamsville. We dont get the piggies real often but when we do, there is usually a herd of 15-20 of them. We get pics for a few weeks then they vanish for a month or so
                          Coming from Fort Worth, I drive through Adamsville to get to our place in Lometa and have seen pigs several times off of 581 (usually at night) but, we've never had any on our place since we've owned it.

We have had more coyotes this year than ever though. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Comment

Yeah I had more coyote sightings this past season than I have in the past 10 or more combined. Think it was the same couple though I was seeing. Just never in bow range

Comment

Few more pics from the cards from the last month or so

Comment

Working...
                              X