What Stabilizer?? VXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Stabilizer?? VXR

Well fellas pulled the trigger and got me a VXR 28 today.. she’s sitting right at 65lbs with a 27.5” draw. Smooth smooth smooth... was sold from the first shot. Last new bow I bought was a diamond fugitive back in 2012... so to say I was impressed was a huge understatement. This bow draws with ease and shoots like a rocket! I’m running the axcel armortech 5 pin.. and wait for it... the tried and true whisker biscuit!! ( Not a fan of the fall away, I know I know you lose fps blah blah blah) But last thing needed is a stabilizer, I was running the AXT 8 inch Carbon Triad before but looking to see if it’s worth the coin to go with the Mathews stabilizer or go another route... what’s everyone running??

I threw on a nap stabilizer earlier to give it a shot, as shown in the picture
    Attached Files

I went with the Mathews static sidebar mount with an axiom 8” stabilizer coming out the back. Haven’t noticed a need for one on the front with the vxr so far.

Comment

Well...
      This one matches pretty good.
      Attached Files

Comment

I went with the Mathews 10” flatline in green just to match. I tried a couple different ones and they all felt fine. The bow balances so well it really didn’t matter which one I had on. Also have the same sight and really liking it so far [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post

I went with the Mathews 10” flatline in green just to match. I tried a couple different ones and they all felt fine. The bow balances so well it really didn’t matter which one I had on. Also have the same sight and really liking it so far [emoji1360]

Now that’s a good looking bow, when’s Jr going to get his??!?

I’ll have to agree, everyone says it shoots just fine without any front weight. Shooting it at the dealer and a few times getting it dialed in... the control is remarkable with this bow with out a stabilizer!

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
            Well...
            This one matches pretty good.

I’d have to agree, it looks d*amn good!

Comment

I have a 8" bee stinger on mine. although , to be perfectly honest, I don't think it really needs it. I think its more of a mental thing for me knowing its there......

Comment

Because it matches and looks good!

Comment

If I owned a Mathews I would go with that matching Flatline stabilizer. 10" if they make it.

Comment

I have the 10” flatline with the shrewd q/d on my VXR 31.5.
                    Love being able to quickly take the stabilizer off when putting in its case or strapping to a pack.

Comment

I also have a bee stinger. I like it but it might be a little over kill.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                        Now that’s a good looking bow, when’s Jr going to get his??!?

I’m working out a deal with Santa this year

Comment

I would start with a back bar before I went out front with those bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                            I would start with a back bar before I went out front with those bows.
                            Have never used a back bar but have seen the set ups... you think this would benefit?? Isn’t that for more of a equalizer to equalize having the quiver on while shooting??

Comment

I just think it’s kind of an old way of thinking.... throwing a front bar on a bow. Most of the bows are top heavy now. Especially Mathews. To counteract that you put a back bar on them. If you only throw a front bar you are just making the top heavy “problem” worse. You are also putting a lot of weight out front and increasing the possibility that you will be fighting falling out of the shot.

I want my bow to hold and just sit on the target as long as I can. I don’t want to fight it like falling out of the bottom. A back bar really helps with this. When I used to shoot a Halon 32 I stand hunted with a 8” Bee stinger out back with 4-6 ounces on it, no front bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X