260, 300 or 340 spine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

260, 300 or 340 spine?

Looking at building some arrows for my new triax. I have some Easton Axis 340’s but feel like there going to be under spined. Any one want to run a calculation for me please???

Bow- triax
    Draw-30
    Shaft-30
    Wanting to run a 100 grain head and 50 or 75 insert
    3 vane’s

Thinking about the Easton Hexx in a 260
    Gold tip hunter pros 300,

I’d like to keep arrow weight 440-460 ish with a decent foc,

Thank you Dusty

you should definitely be looking at something in the 250ish spine, even the 300 will be way weak at 30 and 30 with any extra weight worth speaking of.

Comment

Shoot the hexx 330's out of mine with a bowtech insanity, 62lb with 28.5 draw. Killed multiple deer, been great!

Comment

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
        Looking at building some arrows for my new triax. I have some Easton Axis 340’s but feel like there going to be under spined. Any one want to run a calculation for me please???

Bow- triax
        Draw-30
        Shaft-30
        3 vane’s

Thank you Dusty
        how much draw weight do you shoot?

Comment

The weight you shoot will tell you what spine you need. Don’t forget the cut length, insert weights, Broadhead grains, and even the nock weight affect your spine. It’s a little overwhelming, sometimes the best route is a archery shop to get you set up.

Comment

Knew I forgot something I shoot 70lbs as well

Comment

I would shoot and go with 400. but that's me.

God Bless

Comment

Bow- triax
                Draw-30
                Shaft-30
                3 vane’s

Thank you Dusty
                Axis you need to go down to 260 or chop the heck out of the arrow
                $12.00

Archers Advantage provides versatile software tools to assist archers in achieving maximum performance on the range and in the field

Error on the stiff side. Once you figure out a good starting point, Then tune your arrow to your bow from there.
                Last edited by Texans42; 07-24-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                  I would shoot and go with 400. but that's me.

God Bless
                  And that’s extremely dangerous to go to AXIS 400 at his draw combo

Comment

I think as short as I can go is around 29.5 but I’d have to measure when I get home tonight, I thought about the axis since I’ve been shooting them for years I just didn’t want to jump up that far in over all weight. Main reason I’ve been thinking about the Hexx plus a lot of people seem to like them.

Comment

I think as short as I can go is around 29.5 but I’d have to measure when I get home tonight, I thought about the axis since I’ve been shooting them for years I just didn’t want to jump up that far in over all weight. Main reason I’ve been thinking about the Hexx plus a lot of people seem to like them.
                      Spend the $12 on archery advantage, in put all you specs on bow, then you can play with about every arrow make on the planet to get the desired weight and point/foc range you want. Then buy the arrows and fine tune.

$12 is less then one Broadhead these days

At your draw length it’s going to be a small market to get real high FOC.

I personally start with three arrows then tune with point weight and length. Then get 18 more set up to match the tuned arrows.

Comment

I shoot 29” arrows from neck of nock to the insert and I have a 30” Draw length and shoot a halon not much difference in the halon and the triax . I’m shooting carbon express hunter 350s with 100 grain head it weighs right at 396! And shoot 319 FPS !

Comment

Looks like I’m going to run with the Hexx in a 260, should give me the most adjustment so let’s see how they work.

Comment

If you insist on a 30” shaft, then you’ll need the 260 for sure.

My triax is drawing 30.75” and I’m running a 29” shaft, which is still in front of my hand and has plenty of clearance for broadheads that extend past the shaft and broadhead connection (ramcat, trypan, etc). So, I’m not sure why you would shoot a 30” shaft. I’d shoot a 28.5” shaft if you’re shooting a true 30” draw.

D

Comment

I'm shooting both grizz tricks and mags and I don't like pulling the head all the way into the riser. So 29 7/8-30inches is even with the front when I'm at full draw

Comment

Working...
                              X