No announcement yet.

Tariffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s clear that a lot of folks are extremely out of touch with commodity markets & agriculture in general. I realize that ag losses are just a part of the big picture, but if it was hurting your family and your community, you wouldn’t be singing the policy maker’s praises, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      It’s clear that a lot of folks are extremely out of touch with commodity markets & agriculture in general. I realize that ag losses are just a part of the big picture, but if it was hurting your family and your community, you wouldn’t be singing the policy maker’s praises, either.
      I am not concerned about a community as much as I am a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Let's see, the tariffs have already pulled in 100 billion and Trump has already given 18 billion back to the farmers. Sounds like a decent return to me and they haven't even harvested yet.
        AND there's still money left in the kitty.
        100 billion paid for by the american consumers buying those goods. The chinese aren't eating the cost, they just tack it on to the price the consumer pays.

Now I'm happy Trump's waging a trade war with China, but tariffs dont bring in money, they just make chinese goods more expensive, in order to make the playing field competitive.

So we have to endure some hurt, but I'll support the mission, and don't mind subsidizing our farmers if we get the results we want.

Comment

Farmers and ranchers could subsidize in a different way, quadruple the price of hunting leases would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by overcomer401965 View Post
            Farmers and ranchers could subsidize in a different way, quadruple the price of hunting leases would be a good start.
            Aren't they doing that already!!!!

Comment

Does the fact that China is now buying US rice, took the tariff off US oil and agreed to reduce tariffs certain heavy equipment matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                I am not concerned about a community as much as I am a nation.
                You might be singing a different tune if you couldn't pay your mortgage or put food on the table the last six months because of these tariffs.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  You might be singing a different tune if you couldn't pay your mortgage or put food on the table the last six months because of these tariffs.
                  Now your the champions of farmers? Trump said he would put America first and that is exactly what he is doing.

Comment

More Trump, more MAGA. China busts out the checkbook for US soybeans:

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      More Trump, more MAGA. China busts out the checkbook for US soybeans:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1W81TV
                      They may win that one. They are going to pay commodity prices and turn those Soybeans into Soylent and Soy Milk and sell it back to snowflakes for 1000% markup on the finished product

Comment

And as reported on no networks Trump just made a huge deal with France as well.

Comment

Soybeans miss 2 out of 3 years in the RGV, just not consistent enough down here, everybody walked away from them long ago. Doesn’t matter what they prop them up with to me, been down soybean road, 3 times, buy cotton buy corn for your deer lease, eat ONLY USA grown beef, the label laws need changing , RGV beef from Mercedes Tx taste best

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            This one didn’t age well.
                            Did that deal go south? I need to followup on that.

Comment

Lol

I think its hilarious that many Trump supporters love him so much that they'll declare tariffs (which have always been supported by liberals and never by conservatives) a smart conservative move. At the same time Trump haters (liberals) will declare tariffs an evil conservative move. Neither republicans nor democrats want to admit that tariffs are for liberals. LOL.

Comment

Sonny Perdue is solid. Trump should listen to Anything he has to say

Comment

Working...
                                X