Screwed up today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screwed up today

Well, I stepped in it this afternoon. I have been planning on changing out the cam on my Outback from a 30" to a 29" for a couple of seasons now and finally got around to doing it this afternoon. After swapping out the cams and getting the string back on I was letting the pressure off of the limbs when the cam buckle of the press slipped and let all of the pressure off of the limbs in one fatal swoop. The lower limb split down the middle and I struggled to not to puke when I realized what had happened.

For a couple of seasons now I have been toying with the idea of getting a new bow, but have resisted the urge by reasoning that the Outback did everything I needed it to. However, I may be in a different boat now. Mathews does have replacement limbs available, but I'm going to have to get in touch with a dealer to find out what the cost will be.

On the other hand I am looking at a couple of new bows. I'm somewhat interested in the Bowtech Reign series and the Elite Impulse 31. They are both similar in length, speed, and weight. I am going to shoot both of them later this week and will see which on "speaks" to me.

So I have a couple of questions:
    1) What is the let-off on the Elite Impulse 31?
    2)What is the let-off on the Bowtech Reign 6 and/or 7?
    3) Other bows in the same axle-to-axle range that y'all recommend I try?

I'm really no help as I don't know the answers to your questions, but are you going to check with Mathews about the cost of replacement limbs? If the bow has served you well, and you liked the feel of it, may be worthwhile to get a new set of limbs and move on.
    As for others to try. I am shooting a G5 and have no complaints.This will be my third season with it and VERY confident. I do not believe they have made a bad model.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane77624 View Post
      Mathews does have replacement limbs available, but I'm going to have to get in touch with a dealer to find out what the cost will be.
      Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
      I'm really no help as I don't know the answers to your questions, but are you going to check with Mathews about the cost of replacement limbs? If the bow has served you well, and you liked the feel of it, may be worthwhile to get a new set of limbs and move on.
      As for others to try. I am shooting a G5 and have no complaints.This will be my third season with it and VERY confident. I do not believe they have made a bad model.
      Have to get them from a dealer...

After my shoulder surgery I ordered a set of 30/40 lb limbs from Mathews for my SB XT from Cinnamon Creek. Fairly painless process and I didn't have to buy a new bow. Beat spending $1K...

And I don't have an answer for you other bow questions. Good luck though

Comment

Sorry to hear that, if you need something in that wheelhouse quick here's this:

Comment

Halon 32

Skinny

Comment

New limbs arent that expensive. I bought some a few years ago and I want to say they were under $150, but I cant quite remember. The Outback is a great bow and if you like it I would make that call before shooting new bows. Otherwise you'll be spending a paycheck or two on your next visit to the shop! Lol

And as for new bows, check out Hoyt. I havent shot the newest one, but I shot one 2 years ago and it was everything you could ask for in a new bow. Smoothe, fast and quiet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X