Chiggar repellant for dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiggar repellant for dogs?

Our lease has a lot of chiggars. What do yall use for a repellant for chiggars, fleas and ticks?

I'm asking specifically for dogs. I read that Off (Deet) is toxic for K9s. So what's the best option?

Sulfer grainuals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

use one of those drops for the fleas and ticks. Don't know that I have seen a dog with chiggers. I guess they could get them, just don't think I have ever seen it.

Comment

I agree with Acearrow...but I think years of use will cause tumors in critters. If you go sulfur...use dust...bought at Mom and Pop garden supply...big box only carries small bags...however it might irritate a dogs skin. Been using sulfur dust in a stuffed in a sock for years...just beat it. Dust a test area on your dog for reaction.

Good luck.

Comment

Avon Skin So Soft? I've heard it works, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
            use one of those drops for the fleas and ticks. Don't know that I have seen a dog with chiggers. I guess they could get them, just don't think I have ever seen it.
            I've never seen it either. But, as bad as they are out there, I wanted to use a prevention. Also, even if they won't bother a dog, I don't want my dog to end up being the host that transports them back home to my yard( if that's even possible )

Comment

I have not tried it yet but according to the website it is safe for dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never seen the dogs at the farm in Iowa get chiggers.

Comment

Working...
                X