Public land Mule Deer hunts in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public land Mule Deer hunts in Texas

Im new to the public land hunting and was wondering if there was any land out west to hunt mule deer on and what are the odds of getting drawn?

This summer, download a copy of the "Applications for Drawing on Public Hunting Lands" booklet from the TPWD website. The instructions will inform you on the rules and how to apply. There are several WMA's and state parks that have drawings for mule deer hunts. The odds of getting drawn for the rifle hunts are pretty slim. Getting drawn for the archery hunts is much easier. You can also show up on the day of the hunt and apply for a standby position. The odds of getting on as a standby is usually better than getting drawn.
    Last edited by Palehorse; 04-10-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

check out the matador wma. near paducah.

Comment

You can come to Fritch, TX and hunt at Lake Meredith NRA. No drawings, you just have to have a hunting license. I hunt out there sometimes because I live about 2 minutes from the lake. It's almost 45k acres, some sections of it is no hunting and some is shotgun and archery only. There aren't a whole lot of deer out there but if you put in some time you can find them and you can stop by the rangers station and see some of the bucks they kill. I shot a descent WT 10 pt. season before last and a WT doe. The mule deer season is only two weeks so if you come, try to make it a day or two early to scout.

Comment

Does anybody know of anymore public land mule deer areas?

Comment

I'm new to the mule deer hunting and any help would be great.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Im in for this hunt too if anyone wants to try and put together a TBH West Texas group hunt. Ive actually been looking at Lake Meredith trip for last couple years.

Comment

Ya I think that would be a good idea. Maybe we can get some others to join in.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

I have been hunting lake Merideth WMA for several years now and would be interested in a group hunt.

Comment

I'm in if I can make the dates work. Would love to try to take a mule deer with my bow. HG

Comment

I am interested if a group goes. I will have to get more info on the area. REALLY want to do a spot and stalk hunt for mulies.

Comment

Anyone have an opinion on the Matador? See much, get crowded?

Comment

Working...
                              X