No announcement yet.

I'm a conservative but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all it was NOT a parade... Nobody or no equipment moved anywhere. What happened was many, many thousands of red-blooded Americans gathered on the Capitol Mall for the celebration and to see our President salute our military... as it is our military that makes it possible for us to be free and stay free. No tanks were rumbling down the streets. They were given a place of honor either side of the stage where the speech was given. The dang tanks were completely appropriate to have been there as symbols of our military prowess... They are the premier fighting machine for land on the planet. I for one am **** proud they were there and I'd have liked it even better if he'd fired their guns off a time or two... heck a 21 gun salute to our nation's birthday would have been completely appropriate. GOOD GRIEF!!

If those 2 tanks scare you, son you better hope we never have to use them on our soil or you'll crawl under your bed and **** yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause. Being conservative or voting Republican doesent really fit the current events for me anymore. I have been spending time the past few years really reading about our founding fathers. From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents. To summarize, they agreed that this land would be free and self governed with a rotation of its citizens serving and participating in its judicial, political and law enforcement/military....

I'm leaning just plain constitutionalist these days. If we all participated in our reserve military, would the second amendment be under fire? If people in our communities that are in good standing and contributing go to serve in our local state and federal houses and then come back home, would our politics remain so dirty?

If not, can we just keep our federal tanks in the barn, only to be used on military bases and foreign soil, when absolutely necessary?
      nothing wrong with being a constitutionalist ,, very good idea,,, but in reality there are only two groups ruling this country the republicans and demoncrats ,,,,, you vote how you wish too,,, one party is not good the other is worse than terrible, and hates everything this country was founded on, especially the constitution,,, but third parties usually draw votes from the more conservative side that could have used that vote to at least nullify a vote on the evil side ,, wish it wasn't that way but it is

Comment

I'm just pointing out the parade might not be cuncurent with true constiitutional ideals. It seemed like the military was even having a hard time justifying the use of the tanks...
        Out of everything that is going on in todays world. Tanks in a parade is where you draw the line, really? That is what would make the founding fathers upset? Back in the constitution days, were they not parading cannons, cavalry and other "military" weapons around? George Dub would have been stacking bodies by now.
        Attached Files

Comment

It seemed like the military was even having a hard time justifying the use of the tanks...
          Source?

Comment

Trying to hard. Maybe read Superfudge or something instead.

Comment

I believe that every American should serve 2 years in the military. Every American, man and woman, should be a real part of the militia. Serve your 2 years, stay if you want it for a career, get out if you don't. Be available for call to duty for the rest of your life. As the world deteriorates, we would be in a much better position to defend ourselves.
              Lots of folks would not want us that militarized, but it would be a great education, and lots of our snowflakes would get a boost to maturity.

Never served myself, but if called today at 63 yrs old, I would load up and serve my country any way I could.

Comment

As long as Trump is putting strict constitutionalist justices on the Supreme Court, I wouldn't care if he had a battleship in that pond.

Comment

All I know is it MASSIVELY UPSET the liberal media...for that alone, it was a good move.

I thought the speech was very well done too...we own the skies!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      nothing wrong with being a constitutionalist ,, very good idea,,, but in reality there are only two groups ruling this country the republicans and demoncrats ,,,,, you vote how you wish too,,, one party is not good the other is worse than terrible, and hates everything this country was founded on, especially the constitution,,, but third parties usually draw votes from the more conservative side that could have used that vote to at least nullify a vote on the evil side ,, wish it wasn't that way but it is
                      I know this is true, "the lesser of two weevils....or evils"

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        I believe that every American should serve 2 years in the military. Every American, man and woman, should be a real part of the militia. Serve your 2 years, stay if you want it for a career, get out if you don't. Be available for call to duty for the rest of your life. As the world deteriorates, we would be in a much better position to defend ourselves.
                        Lots of folks would not want us that militarized, but it would be a great education, and lots of our snowflakes would get a boost to maturity.

Never served myself, but if called today at 63 yrs old, I would load up and serve my country any way I could.
                        I agree. I don't think it would makes us to militarized at all. We spend 1/2 of our fed budget on military as it is and have basically been at war for the past century. If we where all part of our guard I think we would be very safe and in full compliance with the founding ideals. As the 2nd amendment provides the Militia Act of 1792 expands upon, and the founding fathers wrote about, a well regulated militia.... keeps us safe, prepared, engaged and free

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          All I know is it MASSIVELY UPSET the liberal media...for that alone, it was a good move.

I thought the speech was very well done too...we own the skies!!
                          Indeed it did, I have to chuckle at the donalds ability to push buttons, even mine, a Donald vote for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                            As long as Trump is putting strict constitutionalist justices on the Supreme Court, I wouldn't care if he had a battleship in that pond.
                            There's no doubt, the court is the last hope for constitutional levity. Strange, seeing how the court originally was not supposed to have a full 1/3 of power but granted itself that power in Marbury v Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Source?
                              Just my opinion. Sumized from reading about the subject. Could be completly wrong

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                                Out of everything that is going on in todays world. Tanks in a parade is where you draw the line, really? That is what would make the founding fathers upset? Back in the constitution days, were they not parading cannons, cavalry and other "military" weapons around? George Dub would have been stacking bodies by now.
                                I dont know but i dont think so. They where in an abusive relationship with a dictative military government. Broke it off and paid dearly but got out from under it. Much of the constitution is a limit on power, namely military power. They just didnt see the purpose of handing the military from one person to another, in my simple minded opinion. After the british surrendered, Congress called Washington back to receive his commission and then decommissioned most of the military. Followed all that up with the previously mentioned Militia Act and handed the military and it's cannons to the regulated citizens.

Dub a good man... what bodies and for what purpose?

Comment

Working...
                                X