I'm a conservative but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a conservative but...

The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause. Being conservative or voting Republican doesent really fit the current events for me anymore. I have been spending time the past few years really reading about our founding fathers. From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents. To summarize, they agreed that this land would be free and self governed with a rotation of its citizens serving and participating in its judicial, political and law enforcement/military....

I'm leaning just plain constitutionalist these days. If we all participated in our reserve military, would the second amendment be under fire? If people in our communities that are in good standing and contributing go to serve in our local state and federal houses and then come back home, would our politics remain so dirty?

If not, can we just keep our federal tanks in the barn, only to be used on military bases and foreign soil, when absolutely necessary?

I consider myself a constitutional conservative ever since Bush was president.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
      I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
        I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
        lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!
          Lotta folks are being taught they have to be butthurt.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
            The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause. Being conservative or voting Republican doesent really fit the current events for me anymore. I have been spending time the past few years really reading about our founding fathers. From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents. To summarize, they agreed that this land would be free and self governed with a rotation of its citizens serving and participating in its judicial, political and law enforcement/military....

I'm leaning just plain constitutionalist these days. If we all participated in our reserve military, would the second amendment be under fire? If people in our communities that are in good standing and contributing go to serve in our local state and federal houses and then come back home, would our politics remain so dirty?

If not, can we just keep our federal tanks in the barn, only to be used on military bases and foreign soil, when absolutely necessary?
            How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Lotta folks are being taught they have to be butthurt.
              yes sir & yes sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  I donÂ’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
                  Maybe... I think the local ANG usually runs the event/jet fly over not the standing federal military. Not sure about that though

Comment

The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause.
                    What "talk" are you referencing specifically ?

It must have been some pretty strong words for you to turncoat being a conservative.

Comment

He should have rolled the Nukes down the Highway like China and Russia did back in the day, with a big azz American flag draped across them...

Comment

Maybe... I think the local ANG usually runs the event/jet fly over not the standing federal military. Not sure about that though
                        USAF Thunderbirds did the flyover of the Superbowl. They and the Navy Blue Angels will do dozens of flyovers this year. The Army's Golden Knights parachute team will participate in dozens of events this year.

It was entirely appropriate and money well spent for the tanks to be in Washington for the 4th celebration.

Comment

Plenty of stuff in the world to be "butthurt" about, not necessarily this. I'm just pointing out the parade might not be cuncurent with true constiitutional ideals. It seemed like the military was even having a hard time justifying the use of the tanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            He should have rolled the Nukes down the Highway like China and Russia did back in the day, with a big azz American flag draped across them...
                            Exactly

Comment

I loved the parade, about time we had a president that was proud of our country

Comment

Working...
                              X