New Vortex hunting optic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
    Ive been looking for a lightweight Mil based hunting optic as well. I just saw this from Leupold the other day. I huess they finally listened to some of their customers. Mil based vx5hd with "hunting" reticle.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/compa...ctedSku=178027
    Crap lol just when I thought the choice was clear. That’s definitely intriguing. Now I need to look at the side by side to get a better idea of performance. I do want to lean towards Leupold for a hunting optic, and this may be just the ticket if the performance is there.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Now I’m conflicted as well. I wish the Leupold had an illuminated center dot or small 1mil section. I rarely use illumination on my optics but it’s nice to have when I do need it.

Comment

I can forego illumination on a SFP optic. The thicker reticle at low magnification helps out tremendously. I will not purchase a FFP optic without illumination though. The reticles are too thin to see easily without illumination in low light.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Lightweight MIL/MIL hunting based optic.
          Mark AR, I have one two with the fire dot illuminated reticle. They discontinued them right before shot show and I assumed there would be a replacement, but I haven’t seen it yet.

I guess this is supposed to be it, and is mil/mil, but seems like a lesser scope.

The VX®-Freedom® AR 3-9x40mm model was designed for the shooter who wants to get a little more distance out of his or her AR. Ready to rock right of the box, the 3-9 model provides the ideal magnification for mid to long-range engagements.
          Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 03-10-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
            Mark AR, I have one two with the fire dot illuminated reticle. They discontinued them right before shot show and I assumed there would be a replacement, but I haven’t seen it yet.

I guess this is supposed to be it, and is mil/mil, but seems like a lesser scope.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle...ctedSku=178252

Mark AR wasn’t great glass to begin with. This will be equal or slightly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m looking at the Burris RT 5-25x56

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Mark AR wasn’t great glass to begin with. This will be equal or slightly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Yeah I should’ve stated that. GatorGrizz is correct, but that glass is a few notches below what I’d like. The Razor LH had acceptable glass, but not amazing glass. I’m hoping the LHT will have slightly better glass, but I’ll take the same glass off the LH if need be.

Comment

A friend just got one in, and is going to give a review. First impression he said the glass is great. He’s not a noob to high end glass, so I don’t expect him to overstate it.Click image for larger version

Name:	7D1F635E-5F0D-45AE-BE89-3CCD57C0B3CE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	24611787

Comment

Any updates on these? How do they compare to the VX 5HDs?

Comment

Might as well bump this to the top...I picked one of these scopes up. Gonna mount it on a new 257 wby and will give reviews.

Comment

I picked one up. For 800 bucks I figured why not. If it tracks there isn't much out there to compete with it. I'm a leupy guy but the only scope I will own for dialing is the mrk5. ( I have 5 )The vx5, vx6, etc just aren't something I can trust. If you dial they WILL fail you. I like the NF nxs compact but it's almost double the price. Got my vortex lht last Friday but have only pulled it outa the box so far. Everything is descent. If it tracks I think it will be a winner. Just FYI, I wrote off vortex a couple years ago when one cost be a bull elk... So definitely not a fan boy but man this one was just to tempting. I also know of a few guys that got them early and put them to the test with good results. They also arent fan boys and are definitely hard on stuff!

Comment

I have one waiting in the box for a 22 creed truck gun to be finished. Won't be dialing a ton but will dial elevation. If it tracks it will be a winner. I like the glass and reticle just looking thru it

Comment

Working...
                          X