Chester shoot mailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chester shoot mailing

I will be putting the flyers for the Chester shoot into the mail this next weekend.
    Please share with any and all websites you are on and with anyone who might enjoy coming to East Texas in May to shoot.
    Included with mailing is a special announcement about this shoot.
    Thanks for the support and help.

Sounds great !

Comment

By the end of the day (Friday, Jan 18) all flyers will be in the mail.

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my mailer. SAY IT ISNT SO!

I hate to see this shoot go.

Hopefully a new/continuation of this shoot will be born!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            Just got my mailer. SAY IT ISNT SO!

I hate to see this shoot go.

Hopefully a new/continuation of this shoot will be born!!!

Yep! It hurts to see the great ones come to an end!!!!! Hopefully, this year will be a record turnout!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If anyone needs a flyer,
              email me at:
              bdecker@nederlandisd.org

Comment

Any efforts made to let TBoT take the shoot over, different location even?

Comment

This will only be my 3rd year to shoot at Chester, but I sure hate that it's going to be the last. It's an awesome shoot.

Comment

Thumper, I was hoping that someone with the camp could/would take it over. That did not happen. You have to have a heart and passion for traditional archery to put on a shoot of this size and time frame. Those that are associated with the Hill Country and Ft Worth Longbow can relate. This did not happen, so it is time to end while we are still close to the top. If someone would like to take it on, that would be great, but there are changes happening at the camp that will (95% sure) keep it from happening there.
                    I have had a couple of offers since the notice, but as I explained to them, the camp will not be an option I am afraid to say.
                    Tough getting old and the body wants to play like it use too! Too many physical ailments catching up with me from stuff I did when younger. Some major. Most minor.

Comment

Bill good talking to you, age has a way of catching up on all of us. I'm sure hope you can pass the colors, so to speak, on to another group to continue the Glenn Parker Memorial Shoot. Great opportunity for any Bow Club and TBoT/LSBA teaming up to put on a great shoot. See you at the shoot.

Comment

Would love for TBoT and/or LSBA take the shoot over. They would have the manpower and access to a venue large enough to put it on. I would like to see it stay in the East Texas area, but we will see.
                        It will take time to set this up, it was a bombshell that I dropped with the announcement. I run into some people this weekend that knew nothing about the end coming. They had received the letter last week but had not opened it yet.

Comment

Yep opened my letter night before last. Sure let the wind out of my sails.

Comment

M.E.B., it was a very hard decision to make. Not one taken lightly, I can assure you. When I told my girls, they both teared up. They have grown up helping with this shoot from day one, and their kids(my grandkids) were right there also as they got older.
                            As I said, I hope someone or group will consider taking it over. But the Camp will not be available after this May( at least that is what it is looking like) but that might change.

Comment

Sad to hear this great event is going to be no more
                              Unfortunately I will not get to make the grand finale
                              Best wishes Mr Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X