Might become a land baron in RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might become a land baron in RS

So I'm looking at a 40ac. place near rocksprings this wknd that has an existing and operational water well. The price is just up my alley and the place is about the same distance from home to my nongame lease in Duval Co. (2hr drive) It's off of hwy 55 just outside of town. Do any of you gents hunt or own in that area? What's been your experience? Thanks in advance.

I just bought a place in the spring and my good friend has a place off 55 between Barksdale and RS. Love it out there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you get it. From all the threads I've seen over the years that area appears to have lots of game and many different species.

Comment

Sounds like good times are in your future, good luck.

Comment

Anyone else have any info of that area? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
            Give it a shot....you can always get your money back out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
              What specific info are you looking for?

Comment

Depending on where you are it could be good or bad. There is lots of game if you are in an area without hunting pressure. If you are buying 40 acres next to 20 other 40 acre lots just know they are probably like you wanting a hunting property. If you are lucky enough to find a piece that is more remote and bigger acreage around you, then you might have a honey hole.
                I just say do your research ask around like you are doing here. I am seen some good places and other that are shot out.

PS. If you want to see more axis make sure you are near plenty of water either a live creek or a place that has plenty of water troughs.

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, I'd first check to see the size of the lots around you. Lots of "ranchettes" out there where the hunting pressure is intense. Also lots of examples where the land is cut up and then bordered by a high fence on a couple sides and it can screw you.

But overall, there is definitely a lot of game and a wide variety of it out there.

Comment

I'd call the owners of the neighboring properties & ask them a few questions. Your real estate agent should be able to get you their contact information. If he/she doesn't then call the Edwards County tax appraisal & they can give you the contact info. I've done this a few times & got honest & priceless information that often times wasn't told to me by my real estate agent. Every land owner I spoke to was more than happy to talk to me about their property.

Comment

What's a nongame lease?

Comment

If your agent is out of RS I probably know him. There are really only 3. I'm happy tp answer any questions as I spend about half my time there.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                          If your agent is out of RS I probably know him. There are really only 3. I'm happy tp answer any questions as I spend about half my time there.
                          Cody, he's out of Kerrville

Comment

We are up 334 from 55. If you are close to the river I would bet you'd have axis probably aoudad. Whitetail are probably average hill country deer.

Comment

Thanks for all the input gents. Gonna go this wknd to check it out. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X