Total Archery Challenge Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Archery Challenge Thoughts

Did anyone shoot in the Total Archery Challenge this year, in any location? I followed it a little bit on social media, but didn't know much about it. A buddy and I are thinking about making a vacation out of it next year and going to Salt Lake and Jackson Hole.

I just want to know anyone's thoughts and experiences with the event.

I didn't shoot it last year, but I did shoot it the previous 2 yrs in San Antonio. I can't speak for any of the other shoots in any other states, but this one was good and well setup. It was a very challenging course, but lots of fun, with lots of walking. The best advice I could give is, take plenty of arrows.

Comment

I have decided after watching a dozen youtube videos on it, that the wife and I will be in Park city next year so she can shop with her girlfriend that vacays out there regularly while i go shoot the 3days.

I'll likely just make the drive down to san antonio solo for one day or MAYBE we do an overnighter.

Looks friggin sweet. I started following Chris Bee and his videos last month and his buddy/partner Travis won the truck..

KDC what courses did you shoot?

Comment

We shot the Mtn Ops the first day and the Sitka course the 2nd day last time. The year before that we shot the same two, plus the local course, that was a bit much to do in two days.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun to me

Comment

It was a lot fun. Pick a course you’re comfortable shooting the distances on. I shot the mnt ops course lots of long shots

Comment

I'm looking at a double pin slider for my Christmas present because you pretty much have to have one for those long courses.

Comment

I just cant get over all the Westies that film youtube videos and miss half of the targets..Like a big frat party on the side of the mountain with hoards of people that should never be shooting over 50 yards at a real animal lol

Comment

Made the San Antonio event this past May and will definitely make it an annual event. We had an absolute blast! Would love to make one of the moutain events some day.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

I participated in the San Antonio one a couple of years back on a Friday. I enjoyed it but the dates since then have never worked out for a return visit.

Comment

Were there any trad guys out there?

Comment

Shot the MTN OPS course this year in SA with my 3 boys in tow (8,5 & 5). It was a long day for them, but we still had fun and i will definitely shoot it again.

Comment

I’m in on SA this year! More than likely going to Utah still working out the details. I’ll post more when the time gets closer. Hopefully meet up with a few of you fellers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've never been but it looks like a blast. I am going solo to the San Antonio event in 2020 if anyone wants to tag along or get a small group together to shoot with.

Comment

I shot San Antonio this year and had a blast. The set-up was great and the only issue we ran into was transportation at the end of the course back to the staging area. Hopefully, they will figure that out in the coming year. Bring a lot of arrows (I bought some "cheap" ones for the event), water, and sunscreen.

Comment

Working...
                              X