Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdO View Post
    You already probably know, but you need a TX license also.
    I kinda figured so. This truck im building is strictly offroad trailer queen so guess that isnt gonna work either. Dang it lol Thanks for info

Comment

Good luck this weekend y'all...I will be going on my first bear hunt on Saturday

Comment

Finished these two. Still got all my fingers. Must be beer o'clock.
        Attached Files

Comment

Finished these two. Still got all my fingers. Must be beer o'clock.
          THat is some fine craftsmanship Ed. Lookin good bub.

Comment

Thanks Jason.

Question ... Does the Navy still have a presence at Huachuca? Had a good friend that got orders to be either the co or xo of the Navy something or other there back in 76/77. We worked in the same bldg with no windows.

Comment

Ed that is some fine whistling and some good painting between the lines.

Comment

I
                Last edited by EdO; 11-17-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I've had this live in Chinese chef for 44 years and to this date have been unable to teach her how to make a proper cup of coffee. I can't get it into her head that Navy coffee is different. Well, not just different, BETTER!

Two things I learned early on was to NEVER was the pot and NEVER wash your cup. That residual black stuff helps to protect the natural coffee flavor from whatever foreign substance the pot or cup is constructed from.

It is ALWAYS drunk hot and black. No sugar, no cream, or foreign substance of any kind.

She keeps washing the pot, washing my cup and trying to foist cream and sugar upon me.

While surfing the net, I found this. Maybe it will help (as soon as I figure out how to translate into Chinese.)

It's actually pretty close to reality. The Navy really is/was run on cigarette smoke and coffee fumes.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by EdO; 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jason.

Question ... Does the Navy still have a presence at Huachuca? Had a good friend that got orders to be either the co or xo of the Navy something or other there back in 76/77. We worked in the same bldg with no windows.
                    Ed......I think they still do have a presence there. When I was there for school last year I saw a bunch of Navy guys wandering around. I believe that most Intel and Signals personnel go to Huachuca for some sort of training or another.

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                      Ed......I think they still do have a presence there. When I was there for school last year I saw a bunch of Navy guys wandering around. I believe that most Intel and Signals personnel go to Huachuca for some sort of training or another.
                      Thanks. Just curious.

The next time I came up for shore duty, I called my detailer and asked for Huachuca. The only things he had available were Fort Monmouth and Comnavairpac staff in San Diego. I took the San Diego billet. I wasn't real thrilled with either option,

Comment

Originally posted by edo View Post
                        i've had this live in chinese chef for 44 years and to this date have been unable to teach her how to make a proper cup of coffee. I can't get it into her head that navy coffee is different. Well, not just different, better!

Two things i learned early on was to never was the pot and never wash your cup. That residual black stuff helps to protect the natural coffee flavor from whatever foreign substance the pot or cup is constructed from.

it is always drunk hot and black. No sugar, no cream, or foreign substance of any kind.she keeps washing the pot, washing my cup and trying to foist cream and sugar upon me.

While surfing the net, i found this. Maybe it will help (as soon as i figure out how to translate into chinese.)

it's actually pretty close to reality. The navy really is/was run on cigarette smoke and coffee fumes.

http://www.seabeecook.com/cookery/co...ood_coffee.htm
                        agreed

Comment

I've had this live in Chinese chef for 44 years and to this date have been unable to teach her how to make a proper cup of coffee. I can't get it into her head that Navy coffee is different. Well, not just different, BETTER!

Two things I learned early on was to NEVER was the pot and NEVER wash your cup. That residual black stuff helps to protect the natural coffee flavor from whatever foreign substance the pot or cup is constructed from.

It is ALWAYS drunk hot and black. No sugar, no cream, or foreign substance of any kind.

She keeps washing the pot, washing my cup and trying to foist cream and sugar upon me.

While surfing the net, I found this. Maybe it will help (as soon as I figure out how to translate into Chinese.)

It's actually pretty close to reality. The Navy really is/was run on cigarette smoke and coffee fumes.

http://www.seabeecook.com/cookery/co...ood_coffee.htm
                          I will be drinking a lot of coffee the next couple of months. 12 hour days and weekends are stacking up bringing back the 1CAV & we are still getting more & more DEMOBS coming home that will process at Hood. The states want their troops home for the holidays. This is our part of the war now. Getting em all home.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                            I will be drinking a lot of coffee the next couple of months. 12 hour days and weekends are stacking up bringing back the 1CAV & we are still getting more & more DEMOBS coming home that will process at Hood. The states want their troops home for the holidays. This is our part of the war now. Getting em all home.
                            It's a great thing you are doing. The long hours reek, but you'll be putting joy in a lot of hearts. There's going to be a lot of happy families.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                              Lance, I appreciate all of your hard work and long hours. I will be one of those guys coming through there in the next couple of weeks. Should be homeward bound this time next week........YAY.

Hopefully I'll see ya in the Reverse SRP process. Good hunting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                                Lance, I appreciate all of your hard work and long hours. I will be one of those guys coming through there in the next couple of weeks. Should be homeward bound this time next week........YAY.

Hopefully I'll see ya in the Reverse SRP process. Good hunting!!!
                                Look me up and we'll drink a cup of coffee the morning you come through.

Comment

Working...
                                X