Epoxy for wood project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epoxy for wood project?

So we lost one of our family pets this weekend and I had to bury it on the property. I'd like to make a grave marker for my fiance since it was her first dog she got as a teenager. I'd like to route out a spot on the cross for a small 4x4 picture. I plan on laminating the picture. My question is, what would you use to fill the whole I routed out to keep the picture in place? This will be placed outside in the elements.

Just from personal expierance, with 1000's of pictures on tombstones, after 1 summer the pic will have to be replaced, unless it's made from special material. Epoxy would leave you with a permanent washed out photo, or a headache to replace. Just food for thought. Maybe epoxy some velcro......

Comment

My suggestion would be to take the wood to a laser engraver and have them laser engrave the picture of the dog on it. This will last much longer and look much better over time.

basically something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	laser engraved.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	24538269

Comment

If you plan to go that route, the product is Envirotex Lite.

Comment

If you were in the Cypress area I'd give you the clear epoxy, but, you can probably find something local.

Comment

Working...
          X