Laser pointer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser pointer

Anyone try mounting in on there now for night hunting pigs?

I was watching these guys chat pigs on the ATVs and they had last pointers on them.
    It seemed to work good. Just wondering if you could affair that to a bow and it be reli as ble and repeatable.

Maybe if they are within 20yds with a compound. Further than that and you would have to account for the arch of the arrow’s flight.

Comment

Got me wondering if this would work on a single pin slider where the laser was attached to the site. Match the pin and laser at twenty and it should be on at every distance. Or at least that is what I am imagining.

Comment

It doesn't work worth a darn for night hunting pigs on dark nights because you only have a very small dot for light and that isn't enough to see what you need to make the shot. On top of that, pigs will spook just as much if not more with a red or green laser light then a red LED light. How do I know all this, I tried it many times and I will take a good Red LED bow light over a laser light every time.

Comment

So I was rereading my initial post and realized I never forgot to add they had lasers on shotguns and rifles

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            It doesn't work worth a darn for night hunting pigs on dark nights because you only have a very small dot for light and that isn't enough to see what you need to make the shot. On top of that, pigs will spook just as much if not more with a red or green laser light then a red LED light. How do I know all this, I tried it many times and I will take a good Red LED bow light over a laser light every time.
            I've recently purchased the 66LRX. I like it a lot.

Do you need to have lighted pins too?

Comment

I use a laser to swap optics on my AR. I’ve left it on and “aimed” at animals dozens of times and 9 of 10 freak out. Besides that those lasers are absolute &$&%. They won’t hold zero when mounted correctly, so a modified bow set up with induced torque.... not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                I've recently purchased the 66LRX. I like it a lot.

Do you need to have lighted pins too?
                You don't need them because if you have the light mounted to your bow it will silhouette your pins. Your pins will look all black but you can see them. I've killed more pigs at night without lighted pins then with but I will say that it does help to have lighted pins as long as they are not too bright. The problem with lighted sight pins is the battery for the light to light the pins always seams to be dead when you need it.

Comment

You don't need them because if you have the light mounted to your bow it will silhouette your pins. Your pins will look all black but you can see them. I've killed more pigs at night without lighted pins then with but I will say that it does help to have lighted pins as long as they are not too bright. The problem with lighted sight pins is the battery for the light to light the pins always seams to be dead when you need it.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Yep. And I’ve had lots of animals spook spot and stalk at 20-30 yards off the lit up fiber wraps. Hit em with light, silhouette the pins and kill em

Comment

Working...
                    X