Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many still play adult league sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many still play adult league sports?

I've played most softball,baseball,flag football and basketball in my 20's. The last 10 I've played indoor and outdoor soccer in over 30 men&coed leagues multiple nights a week. I love the competition,comraderie and excercise. Now at 40 it's catching up and not to mention most competitors are younger. Not ready to give it up just yet. So are you still playing? Or what age did you retire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Texas hold 'em count?

I loved playing slow pitch softball into my adult years. Now I'm too out of shape for any physical sport anymore.

I played softball, flag football, and basketball into my late 30's. I'm 47 now and just can't and it sucks.

Comment

Adult baseball in Houston for me. We weren't able to get the team together this summer so we didn't play. Finished first last year and won the whole thing. I'm 31 and still catching behind the plate. The arm may be gone, but I'm still a blocking machine and can mix up pitches and frame better than almost literally anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I fish bass tournaments.

Comment

played indoor and outdoor soccer till I tore my acl at 41. takes a long time to recover from acl surgery at 41. I don't play anymore - but I do play racquetball now.

Comment

I still play baseketball at 47 not in a league this year but have been asked to join teams in an open league and in a 35 + league... I did quit playing a couple of years ago after a shoulder injury in addition to my knees would hurt for a couple of days after playing. This year I started playing again as I missed the competition. We play once a week and it's pretty competitive as most of the players play in the city league. After loosing 25 lbs earlier this year my knees no longer hurt and I am really enjoying the competition.

Comment

not anymore. Use to play in the Houston Adult Baseball league with the 18+ kids. However its too far of a drive for me these days.

Comment

Adult baseball in Houston for me.
                I played MSBL into my mid 40's. Have considered starting again if I could find a team in N.Houston and I wasn't driving all over Hoston Metro to play games.

I started to see my skills erode in my late 30's and started to get sore knees, back and arm in my 40's. Not sure what I could do today after being out of it for 5+ years but I suspect I would be on par with most 50 + folks.

Comment

I play indoor and sand volleyball. I've also started BJJ a while back. I'll be active till I die.

Comment

I play volleyball 3 or 4 nights a week, sand and indoor.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Played indoor and outdoor soccer until last year. I stopped the outdoor league because the schedule conflicted with my sons' soccer games and the indoor team I was on folded. Been meaning to get on an indoor team but just haven't found the motivation. I'm 42 and still enjoy the exercise and the game.

Comment

i am 38 now and played basketball for a long time till I was about 35 and kept hurting my knees and/or ankles. I couldn't give up the competition though so I started doing crossfit and have never been in better shape, although I can feel the age catching up on me lately, especially when I don't eat right.

I tried softball for the first time this summer and its dumb. my brother and friends all love it and swore I would get hooked but I didn't, its just dumb. the best part about it was watching a 50yo (supposedly recently retired green beret or navy seal or something) wear his full uniform acting like macho man randy savage hooting and hollering and cussing after every run and sliding into bases and diving for balls and yelling at his team when they didnt. he wasn't amused when I told him to calm down and watch his mouth after he started his act after scoring the first run of the game. that was them most fun I had playing that dumb game.

I would love to play flag football again, haven't played in years, but I haven't been able to convince any of my friends to do it.

Comment

44 and play in a men's hockey league.

Comment

I retired from soccer at about 32 when I tore my patellar tendon.

I retired from Tae Kwon Do at 41 with a torn calf and two shoulder surgeries. I really want to come out of retirement for TKD.

Comment

39. Still play basketball on a league team. I continue to realize how much of an athlete I am not. I play pick up ball 2-3 times a week but my body definitely feels it much more now. Ha

Comment

Working...
                              X