No announcement yet.

Killing wasps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also stick a small piece in the feeder box to keep the wasps and scorpions out as well.

Comment

WD40 I like to use

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
        The getting rid of flies thread got me to remembering the best way to kill wasps and wasp nests. I use it to kill wasps, yellow jackets in my blinds and around house. Keeps the spray smell out of my blinds too. Simply take a cup of water and and add some dishwashing soap. Throw it on the nests and they are done. They usually are dead in 30 seconds and they don't fly
        Thanks for sharing that. I did not know.

Comment

great idea. I had forgot that one

Comment

I saw this post the other day after I discovered a BIG wasp nest under my honeysuckle on my privacy fence. I just mixed up a couple gallons of palmolive and water and let em have it. I put my running shoes on first, cause I wAs skeptical. It worked like a charm! No survivors and I washed the nest down. Thanks for the info!

Comment

so i tested this at the house on red wasp and yellow jackets and found that dishwasher liquid works a lot better than dishwashing soap. i mixed somewhere around 1:2 soap to h20

Comment

Thats a good idea I'll try it out.

Comment

note: if they make it out into the sun and can dry off it wont kill them. but it will knock em down so you can give them the LWK (leather wasp killer)....boot.

Comment

I give 'em a bubble bath as well

Comment

Carb Cleaner works great and it's a blast to watch em' shrivel up and die...

Comment

From my understanding most insects breathe through their exoskeleton/skin and the soap creates a barrier that suffocates them

Carb/brake cleaner, WD40, sprayon undercoating, gasoline, cheap hairspray and a lighter/match (flame thrower, not very safe ), commercial sprays all work but the soap and water is good and something you can whip together if none of the rest are available

Comment

Gonna try it.

Comment

It works very well. I use Dawn, just because I know how well it kill fleas and ticks so well. It is probably a different principle with the wasps, but it's all I buy anyway...

br

Comment

Originally posted by cdalston77 View Post
                              what ratio h20 to soap?
                              It just has to be really soapy. The soapier (if that's even a word) the better. Like you would use to wash your car.

Comment

pest free

hang those insect strips u get at the feed store in ur blind. set fogger bombs in the off season.

Comment

Working...
                                X