Truck Buying and San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Buying and San Antonio

Ugh! We have to buy a vehicle for my husband work (we are losing his company car) and we are looking at an F150. Is there any place I should avoid?

I will probably use USAA car buying service but it is always good to know who the knuckle heads are.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Call Houston or Kevin at Caraway Ford in Nixon Texas. I've bought all my Ford trucks there.

Comment

Jordan Ford has been great to me over the years. They keep lots of trucks in stock, good deals on trucks there. Got 11k of sticker on my ‘12 and 13k off on my ‘15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would avoid Red McCombs.

Comment

Grande Ford used to be good for trucks... Had several over the years that came from there, both work trucks and high end...

Comment

Of you go theough USAA be sure you use a dealership you chose and got the “coupon” for. I chose another dealership because I got a better deal and USAA would not honor the rate they quoted me. Another reason I quit using them. Got a better deal and a cheaper rate elsewhere.

Comment

South way ford

Comment

Look in Houston. San Antonio has jacked prices and doesn’t deal. I just finished looking hard for a truck and thankfully got one on TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Call Houston or Kevin at Caraway Ford in Nixon Texas. I've bought all my Ford trucks there.
                  X2 I’ve bought my last two trucks from Houston. Dang good guy.

Comment

Mack Haik in Georgetown. Call Rick Kraus in Fleet.

Comment

I don't know much about the San Antonio market, but if you reach out to multiple dealerships and contact someone in the internet/fleet sales departments and get quotes you find on truckks they have in inventory, you can cut through a lot of the pain of truck shopping. Most of the time they will quote you a price near dealer cost and sometimes below dealer cost. I shopped the big high volume dealers all over the Houston area doing this, and Joe Myers quoted me 15K below sticker on a new 2016 F150 FX4 Supercrew, which was actually a couple of thousand below dealer cost after all of the promotions and rebates.

I went to a party northwest of Austin, and I saw one of those in attendance had my exact same truck with a Joe Myers Ford sticker on the tailgate. That person lives in Austin and said they contacted the internet sales departments at Ford dealerships from DFW, Austin/San Antonio, and Houston. He said that Joe Myers gave them the best quote, and all financing was handled between his bank in Austin and the dealership. He stated all he had to do was have his wife make the 2 hour drive into Houston to take him there to pick up the truck and sign the paperwork.

I dont't have any affiliation with Joe Myers, other than I got a great deal on my F150 there and did not have the typical hassle you experience when dealing with showroom salesmen. I bought my 2002 F150 and my wife's SUV through the internet sales departments at different dealerships, and each time I was quoted bottom line pricing that was several hundred under dealer cost. If you ask, you can see what the dealer paid for the vehicle to know what they have in it. What you don't see is the hold back money and hidden incentives dealers receive from Ford for meeting or exceeding certain unit sales goals.

Good luck with your purchase, and don't count out checking with other dealerships within a couple of hours drive from San Antonio. If it saves you a couple of thousand dollars it might be worth it.
                      Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 05-07-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        Of you go theough USAA be sure you use a dealership you chose and got the “coupon” for. I chose another dealership because I got a better deal and USAA would not honor the rate they quoted me. Another reason I quit using them. Got a better deal and a cheaper rate elsewhere.
                        I’d second the recommendation to attempt to negotiate before using USAA, I got a much better deal just going in and talking to my local dealer. At any rate it’s certainly worth your time to see if you can do better than the guaranteed price!

Great post about holdback for the dealer as well! I got them to give up a little holdback on my deal because it was the end of the month and they were probably trying to hit a sales number goal.
                        Last edited by agtex42; 05-07-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Usaa shaved off many thousands of dollars for our last 3 cars use the app to your advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                            I don't know much about the San Antonio market, but if you reach out to multiple dealerships and contact someone in the internet/fleet sales departments and get quotes you find on truckks they have in inventory, you can cut through a lot of the pain of truck shopping. Most of the time they will quote you a price near dealer cost and sometimes below dealer cost. I shopped the big high volume dealers all over the Houston area doing this, and Joe Myers quoted me 15K below sticker on a new 2016 F150 FX4 Supercrew, which was actually a couple of thousand below dealer cost after all of the promotions and rebates.

I went to a party northwest of Austin, and I saw one of those in attendance had my exact same truck with a Joe Myers Ford sticker on the tailgate. That person lives in Austin and said they contacted the internet sales departments at Ford dealerships from DFW, Austin/San Antonio, and Houston. He said that Joe Myers gave them the best quote, and all financing was handled between his bank in Austin and the dealership. He stated all he had to do was have his wife make the 2 hour drive into Houston to take him there to pick up the truck and sign the paperwork.

I dont't have any affiliation with Joe Myers, other than I got a great deal on my F150 there and did not have the typical hassle you experience when dealing with showroom salesmen. I bought my 2002 F150 and my wife's SUV through the internet sales departments at different dealerships, and each time I was quoted bottom line pricing that was several hundred under dealer cost. If you ask, you can see what the dealer paid for the vehicle to know what they have in it. What you don't see is the hold back money and hidden incentives dealers receive from Ford for meeting or exceeding certain unit sales goals.

Good luck with your purchase, and don't count out checking with other dealerships within a couple of hours drive from San Antonio. If it saves you a couple of thousand dollars it might be worth it.

I would do this, and use the CarPro VIP service.

We bought the wife's Toyota going through the CarPro VIP deal and was blown away at the price we got on her car.

I filled out the VIP connection form, which get's emailed to the dearlship's VIP sales person. They will email you a firm no haggle price. And when we arrived, there was no BS, no up charges, the price on the email is what we paid. I was pre-approved with USAA, but Toyota beat USAA's rate and gave me 1.9%.

Mccomb Ford West is the Ford Dealer on the CarPro's website.

I'm in the early stages of truck shopping and on the fence if I want new with a car note, or buy NEW to me and get something with low miles that I can afford to pay out right.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                              I would avoid Red McCombs.

^^^^^This! I will NEVER step foot on their property again!

Comment

Working...
                              X