No announcement yet.

How would you handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll approach this from a couple of angles.

1. My mother is in a very similar situation right now, dealing with erosion trespass and a company that seems to have little interest in rectifying the situation. I've given them ample opportunity to handle it, and it just so happens that my imposed deadline for their action is 5 PM tomorrow. Our attorney has a demand letter dated Monday, 1/22 sitting on his desk should we need it.

2. I am the Land Manager for a private O&G E&P in Tyler, not too far down the road from Tanos. I have a working relationship with several of their in-house managers. While I don't think a visit to Mark's house on a Sunday is in order, you need to contact him immediately. I can practically assure you he's not aware of the situation. If such a situation were brought to my attention, I would (a) be EXTREMELY upset that I was not made aware sooner, (b) rectify the problem in as timely a fashion as possible, accounting for weather, damage resolution and compensation, and (c) see to it that whomever was responsible for my lack of knowledge was handed their walking papers.

I understand your frustration. I can assure you that, while there are many companies out there that completely disregard landowners and their impact on the surface, the bulk of them are far more interested in getting along with surface owners and righting any wrongs. It's a dirty business that requires dirty work, often resulting in unforeseen and problematic impact. Tanos will make it right. I personally know of a few instances where they've stood up and took it on the chin to bring about resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
      OP, if you can't get in touch with the right person, shoot me a PM. It's not my business but I don't like to see someone I know get smashed on the WWW when he may not even be aware of the situation.
      PM sent.
      For the record, I'm only smashing Tanos and the guy they sent to deal with all the landowners!!!
      Now for a update.
      2 weeks ago this past Wed, I called that landman. Told him about my problems. One of which was the trash being thrown or wind blown over on my place. He said it would be taken care of. Apparently he is busier than I think or he just blew smoke up my rear. Nothing has been done. I even picked up a wal mart bag full of trash and hung it up where they could see it and hope they could take a hint. It is still hanging there. That was over 2 months ago. Two weeks ago, I burnt a brush pile in my garden area. In the process, I picked up trash once again and burnt it. Went out there today and there's more trash. So, since I'm back on nites, I'm meeting with the Sheriff's Dept. in the morning. If at all possilble, I'm filing charges against them for littering. Not only for my place, but all the trash down our private road as well.
      I also called the number posted above for the CEO for Tanos. I did not speak to him directly, but left a message. I will wait and see if he gets back with me. But I will not wait long. For the next call I make, Tanos will not like.
      Since the middle of July, I have been putting up with noise, traffic, a stench coming from that well, lights running all night long, and changes to the water run off, as well as covering up my water line in rock and now everybody drives on top of it. Lord forbid if I ever have to fix a leak cause a shovel ain't gonna do it.
      I'm SICK of it!!!

Comment

Hope you get it resolved to your liking soon.
        Last edited by mharris1; 01-19-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          What is the name of the oil company?
          Goldstone (sp?) was original pain in @$$..... but like all they do the damage and sell. Richey oil is currently a trash making nightmare and does ZERO to make anything useable. Dimock is another I deal with that trash a place. Rest is owned by bank after company walked away, to say they do bare minimum would be giving them too much credit. I wish I was better at loading pics and had more time to raise heck

I wish 20/20 would come do I ride around with me.... but nothing would be done but more companies walking away or selling to the next sucker. Gets worse every time
          Last edited by Low Fence; 01-19-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Dang if this were happening to me on my place idk what I would do. I am sorry your going through this and hope it gets resolved correctly, but if it doesnt I happen to know several member in the state level politics that would be more than happy to help. Please shoot me a PM if you want me to try and get them involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Goldstone (sp?) was original pain in @$$..... but like all they do the damage and sell. Richey oil is currently a trash making nightmare and does ZERO to make anything useable. Dimock is another I deal with that trash a place. Rest is owned by bank after company walked away, to say they do bare minimum would be giving them too much credit. I wish I was better at loading pics and had more time to raise heck

I wish 20/20 would come do I ride around with me.... but nothing would be done but more companies walking away or selling to the next sucker. Gets worse every time
              Yes, jake-leg oil operators with limited financial recources are a different story. Major operators generally try hard to please landowners. I have a client who got a company who wanted to drill a well on his property to completely improve his road through his land with gravel. He could not be happier. He knew how to get it done.

Goldstone, on the other hand, only has 4 employees and nominal revenues according to the information I found.

Here is a prime example of an oil company/people who were shysters and a very good reason why people who buy penny stacks should research the companies they buy to make sure they are profitable before buying:

Comment

Talked to the SO today. Nothing they can do without any proof, which is the way I knew it would go. After I told him what was going on, I think he got as mad as me!!!
                Still no word from the CEO that I called Thursday.
                Thanks to some TBH Brothers here, I think I can get this ball rolling here pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                  Talked to the SO today. Nothing they can do without any proof, which is the way I knew it would go. After I told him what was going on, I think he got as mad as me!!!
                  Still no word from the CEO that I called Thursday.
                  Thanks to some TBH Brothers here, I think I can get this ball rolling here pretty soon.
                  I never expected the CEO to return your call (depending on what your message was), but it would get passed down to someone who would not want to disappoint the CEO.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    I never expected the CEO to return your call (depending on what your message was), but it would get passed down to someone who would not want to disappoint the CEO.
                    I told him who I was, where I lived, the problems that were going on with me and the neighbors, and that I was done talking to landman. And I also expected not to hear from him but from another employee to look into the matter as well.
                    I'm just hoping I don't have to call a 2nd time!!!

Comment

Update!!!

So around the end of Jan., a contractor for Tanos calls me. We talk on the phone about what is going on and what I want done. Tells me he wants to meet up with me at my place when he starts. Don't hear another word till around mid March. I take off work for a couple hours that morning to meet him. We walk around my place and show him the problems. He writes down everything we discuss and goes back over with me and I agree. Well, this past week, they finally "work" on my place. They did dig out all the dirt piled up at my corner fence post where I can at least get to it if I have to re-stretch my wire, but hasn't put the concrete in to keep it from collasping back on the post. Then, he was to take his front end loader and scoop up all the clay that has washed over on me and put in 3 loads of top soil. Well, he only put in 2 loads. After they spread it out and being I wasn't home at the time, I went out there that evening and dug a hole. Come to find out, they didn't even try to remove any of the clay. Just dump 2 loads of freaking sand on it and spread it out!!!
                      I have been patient with these people long enough and now they come in and do a half *** job. Now I'm gonna demand they remove EVERY bit of clay off my place. You see, there's a couple places where it's only 1/4 to 1/2 thick and I said it would be ok to leave, but where it was piled up thick, they would remove. No misunderstanding there. Then there's another spot of run off where you can't get a tractor to, but they were supposed to just shovel out by hand, since it's not a very big area. Didn't even touch it!!!
                      Think it is time to call TCEQ and the Railroad Commision. Tried of this BS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        So around the end of Jan., a contractor for Tanos calls me. We talk on the phone about what is going on and what I want done. Tells me he wants to meet up with me at my place when he starts. Don't hear another word till around mid March. I take off work for a couple hours that morning to meet him. We walk around my place and show him the problems. He writes down everything we discuss and goes back over with me and I agree. Well, this past week, they finally "work" on my place. They did dig out all the dirt piled up at my corner fence post where I can at least get to it if I have to re-stretch my wire, but hasn't put the concrete in to keep it from collasping back on the post. Then, he was to take his front end loader and scoop up all the clay that has washed over on me and put in 3 loads of top soil. Well, he only put in 2 loads. After they spread it out and being I wasn't home at the time, I went out there that evening and dug a hole. Come to find out, they didn't even try to remove any of the clay. Just dump 2 loads of freaking sand on it and spread it out!!!
                        I have been patient with these people long enough and now they come in and do a half *** job. Now I'm gonna demand they remove EVERY bit of clay off my place. You see, there's a couple places where it's only 1/4 to 1/2 thick and I said it would be ok to leave, but where it was piled up thick, they would remove. No misunderstanding there. Then there's another spot of run off where you can't get a tractor to, but they were supposed to just shovel out by hand, since it's not a very big area. Didn't even touch it!!!
                        Think it is time to call TCEQ and the Railroad Commision. Tried of this BS!!!
                        Give em hell. I'd say you've been VERY patient.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

OUR job here is done. Kick some arse and report back the final resolution.

Comment

Sorry didn’t read the entire post. Disregard
                            Last edited by gmac; 05-05-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I would have called TCEQ and RR a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                                I would have called TCEQ and RR a long time ago...
                                Well.........................................
                                Everybody said "they" will make it right. Gas companies will bend over backwards to make the landowners happy, etc. etc.
                                I gave them the benefit of doubt.
                                Looks like I'm the one gettin bent over backwards!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X