Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best economical AR set up for 500 yard shooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best economical AR set up for 500 yard shooting?

Is staying around $1200 possible? Go

I built my 6.5 CM by finding sales on the parts I wanted. Not the cheapest parts you can find but quality components. Without scope it was less than $1200. Matched upper/lower combo, X-Caliber bbl, JP silent capture spring and Velocity trigger to name a few of the parts.

Comment

We just built a 308 and got quite a few parts from these guys. Faxom and ballistic advantage barrels are 25% off when you add to the cart. https://bkingsfirearms.com/product-c...per-handguard/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shameless plug...

Comment

Are you talking AR15 or AR10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Probably be a grendel

Comment

only have one AR 15 and it is in 6.5 Grendel. 500+ yards is much easier with it than the other common AR15 rifles chamberings. I know you can get there with heavy bullets in the 223 but the splash of the bullet is so much easier to see with the Grendel or is for me

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                  I built my 6.5 CM by finding sales on the parts I wanted. Not the cheapest parts you can find but quality components. Without scope it was less than $1200. Matched upper/lower combo, X-Caliber bbl, JP silent capture spring and Velocity trigger to name a few of the parts.
                  What barrel did you go with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                    only have one AR 15 and it is in 6.5 Grendel. 500+ yards is much easier with it than the other common AR15 rifles chamberings. I know you can get there with heavy bullets in the 223 but the splash of the bullet is so much easier to see with the Grendel or is for me
                    IMO & Experience....the AR "15" in the Grendel is my choice. I don't know about everyone else, but I had one built from a dealer/buddy and WITH a Nikon Monarch scope in a 50mm and it was much less than the OP's budget quoted. And yes, I'm not one to build my own....we all have things we are good at but not building any firearm for me.

Here's where I "may" get trashed....Radical upper/SS, Anderson lower, Magpull furniture but I harvested the largest WT with it this past November. 1 shot but not the 500 yards you quoted?

Take your time, OP, compare and save the responses then decide.....good luck but the 6.5 Grendel has become my "go to firearm" for Texas game.

Comment

18" but I don't remember the profile.

Comment

I would look into DPMS

Comment

Working...
                        X