No announcement yet.

Idaho success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the bears! Sounds like a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
      Weitas Creek Outfitters. His name is Gary Haight. He mainly caters to traditional shooters but he is very hospitable to Compound and gun hunters alike. Super nice guy and really goes the extra mile for his hunters. I'm booking an Elk hunt with him for 2021.
      Congrats on the bears! Sounds like an amazing hunt and overall experience.

I'm taking my son to ID next year for our first bear hunt. Narrowing down a short list of outfitters now, but had ruled Weitas Creek out due to the trad thing. Sounds like I should call him and talk it over anyway. We have 3 compound shooters and one pure rifle guy going. Thanks for posting your hunt. I may hit you up for some more details, if that would be ok. Nothing better than a TBH reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! Beautiful country!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Congrats on the bears! Sounds like an amazing hunt and overall experience.

I'm taking my son to ID next year for our first bear hunt. Narrowing down a short list of outfitters now, but had ruled Weitas Creek out due to the trad thing. Sounds like I should call him and talk it over anyway. We have 3 compound shooters and one pure rifle guy going. Thanks for posting your hunt. I may hit you up for some more details, if that would be ok. Nothing better than a TBH reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Hit me up anytime. I help anyway I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
            Weitas Creek Outfitters. His name is Gary Haight. He mainly caters to traditional shooters but he is very hospitable to Compound and gun hunters alike. Super nice guy and really goes the extra mile for his hunters. I'm booking an Elk hunt with him for 2021.

Congrats to you and your son on the bears!!

I looked up the outfitter and did not see anything on elk hunting. Is that not an option??

Comment

Got a couple of buddies up in the panhandle of Idaho and they constantly ask me when I’m moving up there haha. Beautiful country for sure and congratulations to you and your son!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Congrats to you and your son on the bears!!

I looked up the outfitter and did not see anything on elk hunting. Is that not an option??
                He does a very limited number of Elk Hunts.

Comment

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

Did you salvage the meat? Going on my first bear hunt in Colorado this year never eaten bear was wondering what its like? We got drawn for the Sept gun hunt in SW Colorado. Congrats

The pic of the old homestead is so green it makes your eyes hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      Did you salvage the meat? Going on my first bear hunt in Colorado this year never eaten bear was wondering what its like? We got drawn for the Sept gun hunt in SW Colorado. Congrats

The pic of the old homestead is so green it makes your eyes hurt!
                      We were not able to save the meat, but I've eaten it before. It's not bad at all.
                      The picture of the old building is actual the Golden Hotel. It was in an old gold mining town. There was a ton of history in the area we hunted. We saw several of Miner Camps that are still standing from the Late 1800's.
                      Last edited by Hunter Todd; 07-03-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X