A different kind of blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different kind of blind

So I wanted to build a blind that would fit on a standard tower frame (4x4) but that I can shoot my longbow out of. Here is the first model. This one is going to be used on the ground. The next one is going to have an angled front. And will be more complex. Got the main shell built on this one. Will add a house hollow core door. Next is caulking and then painting inside and out. I know it looks funny but it is functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different but cool

Comment

What is the sheathing? Will the lifted one have vertical or horizontal windows?

Comment

The sheeting is cloraplast plastic sheets like political signs.
        It is going to have a vertical window more than likely.

Comment

Did you use screws with orange washers, or nails, to secure the coroplast sheets to the wood frame?

Comment

I used the nails

Comment

Got every seam caulked and used sheet rock corners on the 4 wall corners. Going to prime and hopefully paint it on Sunday. Will post some more pictures then.
              Also bought a hollow core door from the habitat store for 8 bucks. Going to cut it down to size and install it as well.

Comment

So I have completed the blind. I painted the plastic with Zinser 123 primer. It sticks to everything I was told. Then rolled with exterior latex paint. The door was added and I will put it on a pallet to get it of the ground. I learned a lot working with the cloraplast sheets and so now I am ready to tackle the elevated model. This one is going to the ranch tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

I don't get it...

Comment

That whole thing gotta weigh no more than 20 lbs

Comment

Some thing different very cool

Comment

So you can turn the longbow sideways into the window to shoot?

Comment

No I can sit against the back of it and shoot without the arrow going outside the blind. The base is only 4’x4’. This was the precursor to the one I built on a tower. There is a thread on it also. Just trying to build a blind with a smaller footprint that I could shoot a longbow out of.

Comment

Do the two windows have different heights or does it just appear that way? If different heights, is there a reason?

The blind looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X