Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progression of wife's Brown Recluse bite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/9/16

Comment

Forgot to post last couple week's pics. 9/13/2016

9/20/2017

Going today so should have new pics later. We have been hoping it would be well for a vacation next week..

Comment

Nasty little buggers!!! Kill'em all the time in my shop. My sister has a similar scar on her calf from a bite years ago.

Comment

And we complain about skeeters

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            That's what I told the exterminator. He told me to use glue boards but our dogs always seem to get them. They make little hardboard covers that protect the glue trap from dust and pets but I haven't tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Did you ever find any of these covers that would protect glue traps from dogs?

Comment

Man that's horrible, prayers up for you guy's.

Comment

The only thing a spider should ever meet is a flame or bottom of a boot.

Comment

Brian is your wife real sore. When I got bite on the calf my hole leg was was sore for awhile. It was a crazy kinda soreness like bones and all sore.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Brian is your wife real sore. When I got bite on the calf my hole leg was was sore for awhile. It was a crazy kinda soreness like bones and all sore.
                    Yes, for about 2 or 3 months she was very sore.

Comment

Pic from today. Getting closer!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        I need to build some boxes so dogs can't get to them, because dogs love them.
                        Make a little cage out of 1/2" mesh hardware cloth to put over them---

About 3 weeks ago I was doing lawn work and taking care of a burn pile when something nailed me right at the top of my sock. I slapped it away before I even saw what it was, but it was dark, like a honey bee I thought and not a wasp. Well, that sucker still itches a bit, and has a match-head sized scab in the middle of a dime-sized red spot. I think it was a spider of some sort-maybe a black widow, but not a recluse.
                        Last edited by dustoffer; 09-27-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          It is amazing how many are in the barn, and garage. They love clutter! !! And we got plenty of clutter [emoji1]
                          Yeah, seen a bunch of them in our metal building. Have to be REAL careful about leaving gloves, rags, boxes of junk, etc. lying around. They say they're not aggressive; most people are bitten when they accidentally put their hand directly on one, something like that.

I remember a shovel was leaning against a wall out there. Just sitting right there on the handle, RIGHT where you'd grab it, was a brown recluse. If I hadn't been paying attention, you'd be looking at my bite pictures, too.

Comment

Great lunch time read.

Comment

Why --why....WHY would a spider need to inflict that kind of damage like that...when the bite itself doesn't hurt and the effects aren't even apparent for days after...
                              Evil little creatures.. glad it wasn't worse..if that even makes sense at this point...
                              geez..

Comment

That's it I'm never going outdoors again!

Comment

Working...
                                X